Ticket price

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

alpet

Ticket price

Post by alpet » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:52 pm

Good day!

I have small question - if my ticket price on some route is smaller than other companies price, shall I get a more passengers?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Possibly. If your Reputation is high enough you may take some passengers away, but be careful. Doing this simply to get passengers from another airline is considered bad form as there is no limit on the number of passengers available at an airport for any given airline. The only time that there is a reduction in passengers available is when there are too many airlines flying the same routes from that airport (i.e. 6 airlines flying from JFK to LHR).

alpet

Post by alpet » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

hmmm... if 6 airlines flying JFK-LHR and have a similar ticket price, they all have a similar passenger quantity (if there is no pax limit for this route)... But if some airlines will make a cheap tickets, then some % of pax come from rivals?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:36 pm

There is no limit as long as there aren't a lot of duplicate routes. If there are, then you start seeing a reduction in total passengers for everyone. If you dump your prices, then you get some of the passengers from the others and anger the other VAs since there's no real need to do it.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:12 pm

As far as I can see flynet finds enough pax for everyone. There is no need to lower the ticket prices unless yours are really high :)

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:42 am

In general it may be more profitable to have a slightly increased ticket prices even if you are about to lose a few passengers. It's a trial and error process to find those balances. Having a good reputation in your airline I would never suggest go lower than the standard price. At least this is what I can tell from my experience.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Personally i'd raise the ticket prices slightly, to get the profit.
Higher ticket prices = more profit.

Be careful not to go too far under the guide price as eventually you'll make a loss.
Thanks
Geoff