Problems with the time compression - anti cheat function

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

Problems with the time compression - anti cheat function

Post by BigQ » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:14 pm

My flight was set to max sim rate of 4x. After a while, i realized that I wasn't using the time compression, and so to quicken the pace I set the sim rate to 4x.

Then I get the message: "Cheating attempt detected, flight was put back to booked state".

I was doing normal speed (290 kts) at 11000 feet.

Something to look into. I know sometimes the computer doesn't do the time skip but just doubles the speed, and i believe this is a problem with fs2k2. any way of maybe working on this?

Thanks!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:56 pm

Ah, I knew this anti-cheat-function would only bring more trouble ;-)
I tried myself to set the sim rate instantly from 1x to 16x in a 747 cruising, and it worked. But I'll look into it again. Sim Rate changes actually shouldn't be the problem but sudden changes in speed ( e.g. when you pause the sim ).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Ahhh yes, the sim pause

Well, i know that screws up too, as i paused the sim for an impromtu shift at work, and when i came back, i had the same message again.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:02 am

I just had it happen to me as well, it happened after crossing a line where the sim had to load scenery, and with the different windspeeds, the planes airspeed changed too drastically. At least thats what I think happened. The client hasnt crashed on me yet though, so thats good, still crossing my fingers (but I have yet to fly my 10 hour flight successfully, longer distances seem to throw in some havoc with FLYnet)

tsb

Post by tsb » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:19 am

Currently Flying EGGW -> LGSR with 8x, not happened to me yet touch wood but I sure am gonna go bankrupt!!! :cry:

tsb

Post by tsb » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:43 am

Yes Happened to me too! :cry:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 pm

Ah, something I didn't consider was, that if you're near the Poles your Lat/Lon coords change significant faster than at the equator.
Try the new 0.3.17 and see if my changes helped.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Well, I'm testing the new one, I've tried flying RKSI to CYYC twice now, and it has not given me the "your cheating" message, but it has crashed both times around the midpoint of the flight, it just stops sending updates, and locks up. :cry:

Edit: Fly net has also recorded a landing and then locked up before i could set the parking brake. Ah the joys of Beta.
Last edited by cmdrnmartin on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsb

Post by tsb » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:18 pm

I say stuff the very good but bugged up Anti Cheat function!

I tried it and it stopped my 4 hour flight! :oops: :cry:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:33 pm

You're right. Currently it's totally rubbish. You showed that impressively with your 10 flights within 1 hour. Thanks, but one would have been enough :twisted:
Anyway, it just came in my mind how I can solve all the problems ;-) ( and maybe bring up some new ones ;-) ).
I'll do that during the next weeks, and for the moment....just forget about the Anti-Cheat-function ;-)

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:41 am

I was lazy and didn't get the new anti-cheat version of the client...

It just bugged me with the same cheating message -- ON SHORT FINAL AT 1X AND 140KTS!

Laziness does not pay, it seems