Book A Flight?

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Andrew J Watson

Book A Flight?

Post by Andrew J Watson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 am

Why when I goto book a flight do I find none that I can book. it says 'No Flights Found' when their are infact a lot of flights availabel too book when I go down to Flightplan I can see that their are a lot but I cant book any of them? Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks
Andrew

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:40 pm

Hi,

Your flights will only become available to book when they satisfy all the criteria:

1. You must be type rated on the aircraft that the flight is scheduled to be operated by
2. You must be at the same airport where the flight is operated from
3. There must be an aircraft of type available at the airport

Your VA doesn't currently have any aircraft at your current location which is why there are no flights available for you to book. Buy a ticket to an airport where there is one - check your fleet page for current locations of your aircraft.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Andrew J Watson

Post by Andrew J Watson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks mate,

I knew it was a bit of a simple question but I couldnt find any info on how to do it and my other friends that fly here were not on msn. Thanks for your time. IM now dowing my 1st flight.

spray

Post by spray » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:27 am

how do i get type rated for any aircraft ive been to a lot of airports and every time it says no flights and its getting really frustrating trying to work out 1 simple thing for the last 2 hours.

pete999

Post by pete999 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:32 am

Hi

Well you airline will have to give you the type ratings!

Most airlines will have a training flight to do before you get all of your type ratings!

Pete

spray

Post by spray » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:31 pm

How do i do a training flight with an airplane if i cant fly it in the first place on FSNet anyway then?

Charles Dehavilland

Post by Charles Dehavilland » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:53 pm

SPRAY, please don't take offence. are you connected to an airline? or have you started your own? if the latter you have done the same as i did when i started. if it's your own airline then open the section overview and you will have your name listed. below is a section on type ratings. open this and you are able to use the drop down list and place a tick in the box and submit. then you have your type rating.
Also you would have to submit a flightplan, same type of thing, just follow the listing and get yourself started.

If you have joined a VA then ask that VA for help in the matter and they should respond with helpfull advice. it takes a while to get going but well worth the effort. hope this is of help to you.

spray

Post by spray » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:36 am

Yes to all of the above it was some sort of a Glitch i got help from mike and no aircraft showed up even when i had the ratings and even the planes were there. Problem solved when i changed airports and now its all good. Did my first Test flight 100%.

Frunt

Frustrated

Post by Frunt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 pm

Looking down the list of pilots, I see that the majority have never actually made a flight!

This I can now understand, I have been sitting at an airport, now in my second day, I had leased a plane, created a flight and VA......and type rating....I go to "book flight"..........my flight shows up, and plane, with a tick by the side, and thats as far as I get!

The client says I have no flight booked, so how do I get a confirmation, or what do I have to click to grab my flight, and yes, i'm at the right airport, so is the plane

"Frunt" the Frustrated!

allegro

Post by allegro » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Click the tick!

Frunt

Post by Frunt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 pm

"click the tick" in a normal world, that would mean you had de-selected the item!
I shall have to remember to work backwards on this site :) .........main thing is it worked, however illogical!

One more thing, I had the option from the client to refuel, I clicked it, all I got were details of my flight, nothing about fuel, so i'm now in the air, awaiting impending doom! (forgot to be illogical)

Thankyou

Frunt

Frunt

Post by Frunt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:49 pm

AAArrgghhh, it gets worse, I put down at an airprt EGNE, on account of lack of fuel, so Then I create a flight to get back up again, only to be told, EGNE is NOT in the database!!

I take it my leased DC3 will rot away in this graveyard........hope the owners dont bill me!........jeez, what if i'd leased something expensive

So it seems you cant put down just anywhere, for repairs or fuel, how many airports are missing I wonder

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:35 pm

Actually the database has you at EGCN, which was probably the closest airport to you that was in the database. You should be able to setup your route from there.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Frunt

Post by Frunt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Yep, thats what it says, but there's no such airport!!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:39 pm

If the airport does not exist in flight sim you will probably have to cancel your booked flight and transfer your aircraft to another airport, this can be done from your fleet page.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.