FS crashes

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

FS crashes

Post by Ionathan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:04 am

Is there anything which could be done with the client so that a whole flight is not lost whenever FS crashes for some reason? Yesterday I did a Athens/Greece - New York/US flight and FS crashed just during my descent and the whole flight was lost. In addition the flight was somehow cancelled which caused a loss of $15K from my personal account.
Is it a dead end?

recce

Post by recce » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:59 pm

same happens to me when FS crashes.... however usually the client sets the flight back to a booked state before it crashes out completely...

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:44 am

Ya, that sucks, same has happened to me, but at least your airline doesn't take a hit.

Ciao,
Aaron

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:52 pm

Hm, the flight shouldn't be cancelled if the FS crashes. That's something I need to investigate.

But it won't be very easy to add an option to save the flight if the FS crashes. I know that its very annoying when you do a long flight and just before the touchdown the is a problem and you have to do the whole flight again, but I don't know if I'm able to do anything against that in the near future.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

recce

Post by recce » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:36 pm

This is actually getting quite annoying and the save option would be helpful. My FS decided to crash WHILE I WAS SETTING THE PBRAKE!!!! ARGH!!! Now I've got to do the flight over again. Agravating? Yes! It's the third time this has happened.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:48 pm

Hm, if the FS crashes, does it only crash when you set the parking brake? And don't you have these crashes when flying without the Client running ?

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:12 pm

I was flying a flight with the client on, and it didnt crash as such, but FS just shut it self down.
This doesn't happen is the client is not on.

Do you know why this happens

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:28 pm

When exactly did that happen ? When you set the parking brake ?
Did you get any error messages from the FS ?
And what did the client say ?

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:19 pm

no error message from FS, i was crossing Belgium border on a flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt and client said it lost connection from FS

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:26 pm

Hm, there's nothing included in the client which could be able to shut the FS down ;-)
I currently have no idea why this happened. But pls tell me if it happens again.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:00 am

The client attempts to send the PIREP as soon as you apply the parking brakes. If by that time the internet connection is lost the client abends. This is something we have to check right before applying the parking brakes. I have lost 1 couple of flights this way but it did not shut down FS.
Maybe it would be useful to have a "resend PIREP" in the client for similar instances.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Normally the client creates a xxx.out in your FlyNET directory. It also tells you to send this file to info@flynet.en-studios.de, so I can enter the flight manually.
But a "resend PIREP" button for this case is a good idea. I'll put it on the list.

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:41 am

It happened again, over the border of belgium.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:16 am

Safari Air wrote:It happened again, over the border of belgium.
It's the Belgians I tell you!

Seriously, I've had the client crash when Im alt-tabbing out to see it. I found that to stop this from happening (ie it hasnt frozen yet when i do this) I open Fs, set up my plane, open the client, minizmize it and make sure only those two programs are running, fly my flight, alt tabbing out to see the client occasionally, and then minimizing the client before opening Flight Sim again.

It's unrelated to the crash over belgium, but I was wondering if you had any idea what might be happening Konny.

Cheers,

tsb

Post by tsb » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:15 am

I think the simple reason is you need a non-crappy computer! :wink:

I mean what Graphics you got?

I've got a stone-age 9800PRO and it works fine!