Warehouses/Airport Centers

Topics that you should read and may help you in using flynet

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Warehouses/Airport Centers

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Airport Centers

With the upcoming release of the new cargo system we are adding new features to the maintenance centers, enough so that we will now give them the more general name of 'Airport Center' and they will have some new features.

Representatives.

By having a center at an airport it gives your VA a local person on the ground who can represent you. They can handle local marketing and negotiate deals. The benefits include:

- 10% discount on aircraft parking.
- 5% discount on fuel.
- Effective VA reputation increase by 5 for flights booked from or to the airport. Increase by 10 if centers at both arrival and departure airports.
- Cost to deliver packages reduced from 1% per nm to 0.75% per nm.

All centers have a representative and there is no benifit of having more than one at an airport.

Warehouses:

All centers will have some space for storing packages, the current Maintenance centers will have storage added to them, but there are also dedicated warehouses for storing packages.

Offices:

The smallest center is called a VA office and operates just like a warehouse but its real purpose is as a place for the representative to do there work. It does of course have a storage closet where up to 1,000 kg of packages can be stored.

Monthly Cost:

While the cost of the maintenance centers stays the same the cost of offices and warehouses varies based on airport size and the countries GDP per person. While at KJFK in New York an office may cost 5,253 v$ a month and a large warehouse 107,633 v$, at Lima Peru the office will cost 764 v$ and the large warehouse 37,347 v$.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Re: Warehouses/Airport Centers

Post by ep-irl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi, just made almost close to 100million on a couple if long haul cargo flights, so im loving the new system,

my question is in regard to warehouses, can you explain it a bit more? why are they needed?, surely if you fly a package to a warehouse and not its final destination you will get fines and reduce the profit considering you have 4 or 2 days for priority packages, is it enough time to get the packages from the warehouse to final destination?
why cant you just fly to the final destination in one go?

hope ive explained myself correctly

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:31 pm

ep-irl wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Hi, just made almost close to 100million on a couple if long haul cargo flights, so im loving the new system,

my question is in regard to warehouses, can you explain it a bit more? why are they needed?, surely if you fly a package to a warehouse and not its final destination you will get fines and reduce the profit considering you have 4 or 2 days for priority packages, is it enough time to get the packages from the warehouse to final destination?
why cant you just fly to the final destination in one go?

hope ive explained myself correctly
Suppose you setup your routes like a big hub and spoke operation. Plane at its base gets all the packages that go to any if the airports your VA services and flies to the main hub, unloads those packages into the warehouse, pulls out of the warehouse any package going to its base and then flies home. You could just have all the aircraft fly to the hub and then shuffle them all into the right aircraft but that requires all of them to be there at the same time and still would require some juggling.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:44 pm

I am making a video tutorial on this topic today and will hopefully have it posted in GETTING STARTED VIDEO section soon. If anyone is a subscriber to my youtube channel, you should get a notification of the new video.

And here it is:
https://youtu.be/Fa9-OmjHea8

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Has there been any updates to warehouses where other airlines can share the space? I had a pilot post this to me and ask if we can use their warehouse. My first instinct is no, those parameters are used for Service Centers.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 pm

No, there have not been any changes there, is it happening?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 pm

not to my knowledge - again I think those 3 parameters with the % numbers are used only for maintenance facilites and he was confused.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:51 pm

The rates for warehouses really does not mean anything, its there because the warehouses were built on the maintenance center and should probably be hidden.

blindflightsimmers
Rampie

Post by blindflightsimmers » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:36 am

Hi everyone,
I wanted to first say how i think this is really cool taht fsairlines has came this far, and i really love being a part of this. So keep up the great work guys. Now to mosve on to my main discussion for this reply.
So as you know we can add storage and so on at any airport we want, what i am trying ot better understand is when we have an area with packages, do we only see our packages get placed there, or does anyones packages get stored there if they fly in and packages are needed to be stored. Just trying to understand that a little better.
Second question, when we adjust the percentage thing with other airlines, does it mean the higher we set the percentage, does this mean that it cost more for that airline to do business with us, or does it mean we are making more which is the same thing i guess. Just trying to better understand how to know what settings is best for making profit with our locations of centers. I hope i said this the right way and not confusing anyone, for maybe im not clear on this, but if so, please let me know.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:39 pm

blindflightsimmers wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:36 am
Hi everyone,
I wanted to first say how i think this is really cool taht fsairlines has came this far, and i really love being a part of this. So keep up the great work guys. Now to mosve on to my main discussion for this reply.
Glad your enjoying it.
So as you know we can add storage and so on at any airport we want, what i am trying ot better understand is when we have an area with packages, do we only see our packages get placed there, or does anyones packages get stored there if they fly in and packages are needed to be stored. Just trying to understand that a little better.
Only your VA can put or remove packages from your airport center. The main idea is that if you want to operate a hub and spoke system, aircraft flies from remote airport with packages for many locations, they arrive at the main hub and puts its packages into the warehouse, then takes all the packages going to its next destination and proceeds.
Second question, when we adjust the percentage thing with other airlines, does it mean the higher we set the percentage, does this mean that it cost more for that airline to do business with us, or does it mean we are making more which is the same thing i guess. Just trying to better understand how to know what settings is best for making profit with our locations of centers. I hope i said this the right way and not confusing anyone, for maybe im not clear on this, but if so, please let me know.
The percentage is the amount you charge for others to use your repair center. The center always pays 25% the standard price to repair an aircraft, the difference between your percentage and the 25% cost is your profit. You will see two transactions in your finance pages with both.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:04 am

It would be a great feature if you could edit the location of centers instead of scrapping them and making new one?

would this be possible (or is it already possible?)
Obviously no aircrafts/packages could be inside the center/warehouse you want to move, so maybe the va closes them first,

then once empty, an option appears to relocate them , like for like to a new airport

regards

Eric
BVG-512

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:52 pm

I had considered this when designing but came to the conclusion that you should not be able to move a center. What is a center after all, the building, the tools, the people who work there. Buildings don't move. People don't like to move, they will either quit or you have to pay them relocation expenses.

Right now you can scrap a center and get back 50% of its setup costs and then build a new center. The cost of moving would be about the same.

Durango
Ticket Agent

Post by Durango » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:27 am

related to Airport Centers, so ground facilities as I know them, is there a guide for Gates?

covering the basics, like:

- what are the benefits of renting a gate
- how do we make - or lose - money by having a gate
- how do we use our gate/s

and anything else of importance to know about renting and using gates in FSA

I can't find a guide, but if there is already one, please point me to that article

thank you

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:21 pm

At this point in time I am unaware of any gate usage fees.

Airport Centers are defined as either warehouses to store packages, a basic office (the lowest cost facility) and various levels of service centers where you can repair / modify aircraft at a fraction of the "list price" charged by FSA.

I did a video a couple of years ago and I really need to go back through my tutorials and make new ones as many things have changed over the years.

That series of videos can be found in Tips and Tricks section "Getting Started". Here is the link to the one pertaining to warehouses and offices and aircraft service centers. https://youtu.be/Fa9-OmjHea8

Also be advised: You will never make money owning your own facilities but it offers an option for those looking for a touch more realism and 'cost of doing business' expenses.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Landing fees is something new which was discussed here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10217 although I do need to make a proper write up about it.