Rank System Upgrades

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Rank System Upgrades

Post by joefremont » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:30 am

Type ratings by rank are not linked in any way to the promotion system and can be used independently of each other. Looking at your ranks for Fly Vegas, you have lots of ''Senior Captain" ranks, only "Senior Captain Arran Middleton" has type ratings on it.

The way the type rating pages work, while they only give you the option to add for aircraft your VA owns, once assigned it does not take it away even if the last aircraft is sold, remove the TR from either your pilot or rank page, when you go back in the next time it won't give you the option to put it back.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:06 pm

Yes we have lots of Senior Captain ranks as in our airline that rank allows them to operate their own fleet as if they had a regional airline within the mothership. So certain permissions by fleet are required, they do not get access to the entire airline. So by giving each Senior Pilot a unique rank, we can set their permissions for buying/selling/maintaining, etc. for their fleet and no others. We give their new fleet $25 million just like a new VA and they have to manage their fleet accordingly, just as if they were a new start up VA.

Another option they have regarding their "Franchise Fleet" is to simply have extra aircraft the mothership does not have. In this case all the money they have generated since day 1 with Fly Vegas counts and when they reach Senior Captain status they can request any aircraft of their choosing for their new fleet. As long as the cost of aircraft does not exceed the amount they have generated flying, they can request up to 6 aircraft for their personal fleet. We of course track all of that with our 3rd party financial records, not within FSA. With this type of fleet, the FSA finances don't really mean much, we keep their fleet stocked with enough cash to pay their bills through fleet to fleet transfer from the mothership. The pilots running this type of fleet also are usually not concerned with trying to make it as an independent start up regional. They just wanted additional airplanes the company normally does not fly. It is up to them to keep them current and well maintained.

ABVG
Ticket Agent

Post by ABVG » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Our lowest rank requires two training flights for promotion, but training flights don't or haven't earnt the promotion!

I have reduced required fligts to one and return to base, and that has made it work. Unless you have fixed something!

ABVG
Ticket Agent

Post by ABVG » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:29 pm

joefremont wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:13 pm
ABVG wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:57 pm
I have just tried this out, I am assuming that for the lowest rank you have to enter 0 Flights and 0 Hours.
Looks like a winner for me, great work guys.
You have to enter some number of either flights or hours before automatic promotion is active. So I would expect the lowest rank would have something in those values in addition to a next rank. The top rank however, since there is no place to go from there, would be zero.
I have a pilot that has been waiting over an hour for promotion.
Totals
Total Flights 11
Average Rating 100.00%
Flight Hours 6
Standard Hours 5.25
Adjusted Hours 5.25
Promotion Progress ( from Jun 27, 12:30) Required Actual Percent
Required flights 8 9 112.50%
Required flight hours 4 4.07 101.75%
Next Rank P3 - Captain

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:38 pm

This brings up a good question: will the automated promotion system update instantly when a pilot reaches the threshold(s) for promotion or will it wait much like an aircraft leaving service for a specific "top of the hour" type thing? Or will it only update once or twice daily?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:38 pm
This brings up a good question: will the automated promotion system update instantly when a pilot reaches the threshold(s) for promotion or will it wait much like an aircraft leaving service for a specific "top of the hour" type thing? Or will it only update once or twice daily?
It is not instant, it builds some delay in so that all the different jobs that flag flights as needing review have time to do there work, and if the flight is flagged for review it waits until it is reviewed before it uses it in its calculations.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:13 pm

cool, thanks

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Is there any way we can add or move the "reset rank progress to zero" from the rank itself to the pilot profile?

If I have a pilot struggling with landings and I want to hold him/her in that rank for awhile, I don't have any current option other than creating a new rank specifically for that pilot.

I am assuming the reset rank progress to zero feature in the rank settings will reset ALL pilots holding that rank.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Cat wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:29 pm
Is there any way we can add or move the "reset rank progress to zero" from the rank itself to the pilot profile?

If I have a pilot struggling with landings and I want to hold him/her in that rank for awhile, I don't have any current option other than creating a new rank specifically for that pilot.

I am assuming the reset rank progress to zero feature in the rank settings will reset ALL pilots holding that rank.
its true that the "reset rank progress to zero" feature will reset ALL pilots holding that rank.
Right now the simplest way to reset a single pilot is to change there rank and then change it back, which is a little hacky but is fairly simple. Since this is the first time the idea has come up I wonder how many others would find it of value to add a 'reset progress' button for a single pilot.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:09 pm

I did not think outside the box, the "hacky" workaround will do. Thanks! There is no need to make additional work for you right now with the MSFS launch.