an other example to few pax and multiplier problem

Please report Bugs and Problems here
haga2000
Ticket Agent

an other example to few pax and multiplier problem

Post by haga2000 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:53 am

Ataached you se a piprep and finance sheet
this was a flight 1x, real weather IFR, VATSIM with ATC online, thus from my side done realistic as possible.
cybr-cyqd.jpg
cybr-cyqd.jpg (196.39 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
To little pax combined with a multiplier made this flight make an unrealistic large loss
my route had a price 10$ less than the next (one other airline fly this route)
Is it anything in the configuration of the fleet I can do to prevent this happening.?
had the financial results been known in advance the flight would have been cancelled (as real airlines do).
I this case i fueled the C208 full which is not needed to fly about 200nm, it is however wrong to regard this fuel exspence as an expense for only this leg as most of it would be used on the next legs flown.
Could the developer make a change in the script so if gross profitt is negative the multiplier is set to 1?
the multiplier a "cheat thing" that is suppose to make progress in the game faster.
My VA try to mimic reality I fly routes that are in real life operated by real companies to a number of small and medium airports.

Best regards

Howard Grant
CEO Northwards aviation VA

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: an other example to few pax and multiplier problem

Post by joefremont » Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm

I think the issue with this flight was fuel, you left with 1008 kg of fuel on a flight that only used 234 kg, purchasing the additional 929 kg. Now if you instead had left with 256 kg of fuel, you would only have purchased 177 kg and would have made a 564 v$ profit rather than a -466 loss.

Now that extra fuel you purchased is still on the aircraft and you can use it on your next flights to earn back the money that was lost.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

haga2000
Ticket Agent

Post by haga2000 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:28 pm

I am more interested in what is main condition that regulates the number of pax.
is it the traffic on the airport, meaning number of arrival and departures?
size of the airport? or what

if you have a lot trafic to and from a small farm strip after a while there will be a lot of pax
is it important that you reduce the no of seats in business class to get more pax?

haga 2000

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed May 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Update: Doing some more digging, I tried to set exactly as you did, same AC, same airports, default price on the route. Turns out my AC had the same setup of 9 business class seats. I got nine passengers, so taking a closer look at your VA, your reputation is at 59% because of two crashes earlier where mine is at 120%. Each crash reduces it by 20%, each successful flight increases by 1%, yours is 59 now, but there have been 2 successful flights since then so it would have been 57% when this flight was booked.

The reputation adjusts the ticket price in the formula in deciding how many passengers want to fly, so with my VA the effective price is 73 v$ (88 / 1.2) where for yours it would have been 151 v$ (88 / 0.58)

haga2000
Ticket Agent

Post by haga2000 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:20 pm

ok thanks, iteresting to know, its correct that I had two building crashes during taxing earlier.
my latest flight had 9 pax not the same route though. I reduced to 5 pax to take more cargo.
Interesting to know that reputation is a major factor in pax and price.
thanks
haga2000
aka
Howard Grant
Northwards aviation VA

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Don't forget that if you have crashed and don't feel its because of things outside of your control you can ask for the flight to be reviewed and we can delete them. Press the 'flight needs review' on the flight report page.