Please report Bugs and Problems here
yvjjflores
Ticket Agent

Client 2.4 Beta - Sim Crash

Post by yvjjflores » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:25 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:35 am
Just released beta 7.

This fixes one minor bug with P3D v5 reports and made some fixes to try to improve stability especially those 'aborted flight' issues where something happens the client does not like.

The only thing I really changed in the underlying client interface code was to read the path to the aircraft to see if something changed, and since then we have had issues where it looses contact with the sim. So I removed that code, its not something that happened much anyways.
Greetings Joe

I tested with the CT206 and did not abort the flight. However, due to an error in my calculation, the fuel ended up almost ending the flight, causing the simulator to close and the client obviously lost connection.

There is something wrong, I understand that the fuel runs out but that should not cause the simulator to close unexpectedly.

I will send you the debug files again so you can assess the situation.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client 2.4 Beta

Post by joefremont » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:16 pm

yvjjflores wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:25 pm
joefremont wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:35 am
Just released beta 7.

This fixes one minor bug with P3D v5 reports and made some fixes to try to improve stability especially those 'aborted flight' issues where something happens the client does not like.

The only thing I really changed in the underlying client interface code was to read the path to the aircraft to see if something changed, and since then we have had issues where it looses contact with the sim. So I removed that code, its not something that happened much anyways.
Greetings Joe

I tested with the CT206 and did not abort the flight. However, due to an error in my calculation, the fuel ended up almost ending the flight, causing the simulator to close and the client obviously lost connection.

There is something wrong, I understand that the fuel runs out but that should not cause the simulator to close unexpectedly.

I will send you the debug files again so you can assess the situation.
From the debug file you sent it looks like you legitimately ran out of fuel, but after that it looks like the client just lost contact with the sim, which if the sim crashed you would expect, but the client lost contact with the sim about 40 seconds after. I tried it myself but was not able to reproduce the crash. Using V5 I loaded up the JF DC-6 with 400kg of fuel and left from KMDW on my way to KSFO, as expected during the climb it ran out of fuel and followed it all the way to the ground without it causing the sim any problems.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client 2.4 Beta - Sim Crash

Post by joefremont » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 pm

I split this issue away from the beta announcement topic to keep the announcement thread cleaner.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

yvjjflores
Ticket Agent

Post by yvjjflores » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:56 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 pm
I split this issue away from the beta announcement topic to keep the announcement thread cleaner.
Hi Joe...

I'm going to do another test flight with another plane to see if the same thing happens and I will report results here .....

yvjjflores
Ticket Agent

Post by yvjjflores » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 am

Cheers

I finish making a flight with the Carenado King Air B200 without problems. Sure, I arrived at the destination with 500 lbs in tanks, so there was no failure with the P3D V5.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Recently when on the website - this does not pertain to the Client or this forum, I get a "Network Change Detected" and I have to close the browser page and restart it. Maybe that's what is happening to some people and the Client? I'm not sure what causes that but if it's an issue that makes the Client "burp", perhaps that's all it takes to make it disconnect and abort a flight. Maybe install a buffer?