Fleet management

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Fleet management

Post by BVU-951 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm

At BVG our fleets represent different airlines that are managed by Senior Flight Captains. We also have different fleets for events, these are managed by the organising Senior Flight Captain .
It would be very useful if you could give control to more than one but not all of the fleets.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Fleet management

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 pm

BVU-951 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm
At BVG our fleets represent different airlines that are managed by Senior Flight Captains. We also have different fleets for events, these are managed by the organising Senior Flight Captain .
It would be very useful if you could give control to more than one but not all of the fleets.
I an see how that could be useful, right now you get one rank for the va, maybe it needs to be reworked so you can have a different rank for each fleet. Of course would have to be careful it did not get too complex to operate.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Because we are a smaller operator, we have the luxury of giving each pilot a unique rank once they clear orientation and minimum hours. This allows us to assign whatever we need to assign to each specific pilot.

The only problem with "Fleet Ranks" is then the pilot is tied specifically to only that fleet.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 pm

The idea I was trying to express maybe having a different rank/role for each fleet so fleet A could give a pilot flight director permission while fleet B could just be trainee pilot. But permission systems can get very complex, I know that as at my real work they are constantly debated as to how they should work.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 am

Again, as you say Joe... complicated. But take a look at how our ranks are set up. And you will see more what I am talking about. By having each pilot his/her own rank, that allows permissions for just about any way we need to go. Our First Officer and Captain ranks which are standard for new pilots are very restricted until they prove themselves. Once they have established they can fly and know the FSAirlines system, then they move up and eventually get their own individual rank. We pay all our pilots the same, from CEO to the newest trainee so the ranks are soley for the purpose of setting up permissions for each pilot.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Perhaps I am not good at explaining. I would like to give control of up to 3 fleets without having to give control to just one or all of them. By control I mean to buy sell and maintain.
The way you have it now, you can have control of just one or all of them.

This allows other fleet managers to interfere with all of the other fleets. Which is what I want to prevent.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Re: Fleet management by Rank

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:01 am

It is when you create a Rank where you are restricted to managing just one fleet or all of them. I would like to be able to give senior flight captains permission to manage 3 or 4 fleets but not all of them.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Yes, the question is do we update the current rank so it has a big grid of permissions, think of a spread sheet with a row for each fleet, or do we allow the creation of separate ranks/roles for each fleet so a pilot could have a different rank for each fleet. The later may be more flexible and allow fleet managers the ability to assign ranks themselves but I think the first idea may be easier to manage, at least you will be able to see at a glance everything the rank can do.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:54 pm

I would prefer your 1st suggestion, with a drop down box to select the fleets.
Thanks

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:51 am

Thanks Joe for implementing my idea, unfortunately not functioning correctly at the moment, but will be perfect when working
Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:56 am

i hope that it is working now, if it is not please explain.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 pm

when rank is edited By Fleet and select the fleets I operate and press edit, then go to fleets i have no management options or action buttons on any of the fleets.
Don't know what happened earlier but I am not blocked now
Thanks Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:49 pm

BVU-951 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 pm
when rank is edited By Fleet and select the fleets I operate and press edit, then go to fleets i have no management options or action buttons on any of the fleets.
Don't know what happened earlier but I am not blocked now
Thanks Alan
Hi Alan, I think I found the problem there, hopefully the last of fleet rank bugs.