Gold Account Updates

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Gold Account Updates

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi Flyers.

I just released an update which is the first update of our pricing model since we introduced it.

GOLD ACCOUNTS CAN NOW RUN AIRLINES!.

Small ones at least, with a single Gold account will allow you to run a 'Limited' airline with up to five members that may not use the advanced finance features (sell leases, loans, maintenance centers). For each additional gold member you may have five more members.

With five Gold members or one Platinum member you may have up to twenty five members and access to the advanced finance features. Each additional Platinum account allows another 25 members and each additional gold account allows another five members.

If for some reason the number of premium accounts in the airline drop and the allowed number pilots is now less than the current number of pilots nobody will be forced to leave the airline, but nobody new can join (except premium members) and you won't be able to book more flights than the allowed number of pilots.

Yes this does now mean that Platinum accounts now have a limit on the size of the airline but currently on the system there are no airlines that would be effected by this limit.

With a Trial account you will operate an airline as if you had two Gold accounts.

If you currently have a small airline and want to switch from a Platinum to a Gold account just submit a support request and we will convert it for you.

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Re: Gold Account Updates

Post by VegasTim » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Have you considered a system where members can gift a membership (Platinum or Gold) to other members? Using PayPal that might not be possible unless you would be able to differentiate between the two billings.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Never Mind, I figured it out. Cannot surprise someone with a gift though, you need to be able to either access their account or give them your financial information. It would be nice to have a "gift membership" tab to avoid that problem though. My pilot was kind enough to give me log in information, I paid for the membership then told her to change the account password ASAP.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:13 pm

VegasTim wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:18 pm
Never Mind, I figured it out. Cannot surprise someone with a gift though, you need to be able to either access their account or give them your financial information. It would be nice to have a "gift membership" tab to avoid that problem though. My pilot was kind enough to give me log in information, I paid for the membership then told her to change the account password ASAP.
Its not a bad idea, I want to go in and add the option to use Google Pay as well as paypal, will see if I can add that then.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.