No Economics

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

No Economics

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:20 am

A pilot just asked me about an idea I had never considered before. What he wanted was basically wanted a 'sandbox' as he called it where he could maintain a fleet without the financial and operational burdens of "replicating real life times and burdens".

I know FSA has sort of been about replicating the economies and operations of building an airline its not something I have thought of before but if its something that would bring in more users I am not apposed. As I see it, it would be a VA without financial transactions. Take in all the AC you want, no need for repairs, or parking. But you could not sell your aircraft and once this mode was turned on it could never be turned off.

Would there be any interest in such an idea?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MMattyK
Captain

Re: No Economics

Post by MMattyK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:27 am

Just out of curiosity,
where would funds come from for actually purchasing aircraft, or would you propose doing it on block time to get the funding, with an initial start up fund to buy something like a Cessna Grand Caravan?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:06 pm

That’s just it, you would not need funds to buy aircraft, just request how many of each type. FSA for them would become just a way to manage routes and type ratings. We may put in some limits like so many AC per pilot. Not sure now if this is really what they want now, just seeing if there is interest.

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:33 am

An avenue for those that want to track flights and also want to fly military or vintage aircraft perhaps?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:16 pm

It is possible to fly vintage aircraft and make profit, there are several that do. Btw, the DC-3 may be one of the most profitable aircraft in the system for its cost, and a great plane to start a VA with.

For those who want to fly military AC it may make sense since they are usually not very economical. But this idea is mostly for those who want to fly a VA and not have to go through the process of building to a VA from scratch and having the detailed management.

Also bet it’s been about a month since I loosened the restrictions on military transports and only one VA has requested one.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 am

I had this big lengthy comment all typed up, ready to press "submit" and realized it will only attract negative comments.

So having cleared it - I will simply say I think it is a bad idea and is a waste of Joe's precious time and resources. He has done so much to make FSAirlines so much better this past year, THANK YOU Joe!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks Sam. Not to worry, I don't see myself doing this anytime soon. Even the person who asked for it the first time does not seem to want it now.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey this sounds like an interesting option. maybe even better then the automatic pilots. There would be an airline, with a fleet and routes, no buying aircraft, no maintenance etc. I really like this as an alternative.

Just one question, would landing rates affect aircraft damage? and if so how would you fix it? If not then again I think this might be a great way to attract other users into the system.

How soon could you implement such an option?