Cargo System/Packages

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Cargo System/Packages

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Joe posted: "I think it probably would be useful. I see there are a couple areas of the system that need some improvement, namely unloading and delivering packages. I am thinking the VA Packages page that shows all loaded planes needs an options for always unloaded, even if the packages has been moved and not in range to deliver. Also maybe some 'auto delivery' options where if you get it close enough to the destination you don't have to find the right page and push 'deliver' to send it to its destination. Thoughts on what need improving?"

------------------------

I think the system works just fine, we just need to help people understand how it all works. An automated delivery system for off destination packages would be helpful as it is VERY EASY to take off again with those packages still on board.

As it stands now, one must land, finish the Client, then go to the website, click PACKAGES under airline on left margin, then click VA PACKAGES in upper right corner, then find your airplane then select Deliver to check all the boxes, then SUBMIT to get those packages delivered.

An automated system of delivering off airport packages would simplify the entire process to merely finalizing the flight with the Client and then all packages would be delivered and the appropriate income added.

The only downside to the automated system is for GA operators that plan on FLYING those 75-100nm packages and delivering them in person, so yes maybe an option to select or not select "automated delivery" would be in order.

My advice to all operators who are still learning the system is to stay away from "off airport" packages until you are very comfortable with how the basic system works first. Remember 100nm packages you are ground delivering will be for ZERO PROFIT anyway. The fee for ground transportation delivery is 1% of the value of the package PER MILE away from the destination airport. So at 100nm you are making 0 income on that package. You would do better with generic cargo.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Hey I just found a new tab in PACKAGES / Actions tab Deliver Selected Packages Did not know that was there. Is that new? Pretty nifty, really saves a bunch of steps!

Here is installment #2 on how to work the system, this one focuses on ground delivery and releasing unwanted packages.

https://youtu.be/xb5W3QQpQ5c

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:28 am

[quote=Cat post_id=45711 time=1570809922 user_id=45703]

To Release packages, select Release box on packages that you want to release then click SUBMIT and you will be billed accordingly as the packages are released. NOTE: You cannot deliver or release packages from an aircraft that has a flight currently booked.

Hopes this helps,

Happy Flying!

Samantha, aka "Sam" / "Cat" Scott
COO Fly Vegas
[/quote]

There is no "Release" tick box available. There is a greyed out "Select" box that I cannot click.
I now have 1200Kg of packages stuck on my aircraft because there is no automatic offload on flight completion.

Packages need to automatically offload on completion of the flight, if the pilot intends to take them onwards to next destination they will still be there to load up again, but the problem of them simply weighing down the aircraft ad infinitum will disappear.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Make sure you watch my latest video

You MUST go up to the VA PACKAGES link in the top right to release packages AND the aircraft cannot be booked for a flight.

The problem with making an automated offload is for those (like me) who like to make a 2 or 3 stop flight and drop packages on the way. General Aviation pilots do not usually fly hundreds of miles and if they like to do the same, they would not be able to as the system would "auto deliver" them at a far reduced rate before they get a chance to load up again and fly on to deliver them in person.

EDITED: FYI I just noticed there is also a RELEASE PACKAGES tab in the "actions" menu .... where you select the aircraft you want to load. It's at the very bottom. So you can click that and the select boxes should become active and you can check the ones you need to and then click the blue tab RELEASE PACKAGES.

OK I just tried it and it works. Select the RELEASE SELECTED PACKAGES from the menu where your airplane is. Only then will the select boxes become active. Check the ones you want. Then the black tab that says RELEASE SELECTED PACKAGES turns blue and you can click it and your packages will be released. NOTAM: All packages released after the 2 hour grace period from the time you picked them up will bill out to the airline at their full price. AKA your airline will see an expense in Finances for released packages.

Hopes this helps.

Happy Flying!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:17 pm

I have just been doing some work on that page, I renamed the 'VA Packages' option to 'All VA Packages' to distinguish it from VA-Packages in the menu and made it so you can release any package (that you have permission and not booked) even if your past the four day limit or have moved the package. It also shows the pre-multiplier amount you will loose if you do so (those numbers can go up the longer you wait).

I need to figure out how to make delivery easier. I just helped someone who flew to Tokyo/RJAA an after sitting there for a while his priority packages to Tokyo/RJTT expired and was charged, not knowing he was supposed to deliver. I deleted those packages and re-calculated the flight revenue.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Cat wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 pm
Hey I just found a new tab in PACKAGES / Actions tab Deliver Selected Packages Did not know that was there. Is that new? Pretty nifty, really saves a bunch of steps!

Here is installment #2 on how to work the system, this one focuses on ground delivery and releasing unwanted packages.

https://youtu.be/xb5W3QQpQ5c
Another great video! Thanks so much for that.

Only think to correct is that when you release packages, if you have moved them or if you have waited more than four days you get charged the full amount of the package, but less than four days you get charged based on how long you have held it based on a N squared formula, so at 12 hours its 1.56%, 1 day its 6.25%, 2 days is 25%, 3 days is 56% and 4 days is 100%, and no charge if released in less than an hour.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you for your last great video tutorial about PACKAGE SYSTEM. In the end, we will fully learn how to manage the whole system.
Joe, good job. Cat, thanks again.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:02 pm

I will be making a better video covering the new features of the package cargo system so once that posts, please delete #2 as it will be outdated.

Question: I lost the link to the normal delivery process penalty system ..... I know it's 2 days / 4 days for pri/non-pri packages but there is a degrading curve on how much income is made to where it flips to airlines being charged. I would like to include that data in the new video.

Thanks!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Thanks again Cat, I will remove the link for the second video.

The normal delivery penalty for time starts at 4 days and drops by 20% for each day after that (or 1% every 1 hour 12 minutes), so as a table it looks something like this:

Day 0: 100%
Day 1: 100%
Day 2: 100%
Day 3: 100%
Day 4: 100%
Day 5: 80%
Day 6: 60%
Day 7: 40%
Day 8: 20%
Day 9: 0%
Day 10: -20%
Day 11: -40%
Day 12: -60%
Day 13: -80%
Day 14: -100%

For Priority packages the time is cut in half so after two days it looses 40% a day (or 1% every 36 minutes):

Day 0: 100%
Day 1: 100%
Day 2: 100%
Day 3: 60%
Day 4: 20%
Day 5: -20%
Day 6: -60%
Day 7: -100%

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Ok I just added a feature to the pilots select packages page (the one you reach in the booking section) where if when you go to select packages, if there are packages on the aircraft that can be delivered, a table on the top of the page will allow you to do so.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 pm

OK thanks Joe, I'll make another video to replace the current #2

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:59 am

OK This video link replaces the #2 video link previously ... This is #2 in the package series redone to show the new links and how to release and ground deliver packages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Qp0i1 ... e=youtu.be

Happy Flying everyone!

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 am

I still can't release these packages.

I am on the airline - packages page, I have selected All VA Packages.

The tick boxes to release are there and I select them, then I click Submit.

NOTHING HAPPENS! They are all still there several more days later!

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Well that's not good. You may have to submit a support ticket detailing the issue so Joe can see the flag and get to it top priority.

Have you tried transferring those packages to another aircraft at that same airport?

Have you tried the Release Packages tab in the Actions bar where you select the aircraft to load?

Make sure the aircraft in question is NOT BOOKED for any flight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:03 am

AdySmith wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 am
I still can't release these packages.

I am on the airline - packages page, I have selected All VA Packages.

The tick boxes to release are there and I select them, then I click Submit.

NOTHING HAPPENS! They are all still there several more days later!
Defiantly a bug there, I removed the packages so they won't haunt you in the future, and will fix it asap.