Good job Joe.

I tried it and everything very well ...

Nice idea, however, I have noticed something:

Initial SVMI-SMG flight
Packages: 02
Weight: 882 lbs
Value: 1,068 v $.
Destination of packages. TTPP

After the stop at SVMG continue my flight to the final destination of the packages (TTPP).

The final flight report indicates the same weight of the packages but their value decreased from 1.068v$ to 931v$.

Why is the difference in the result of the transfer of the packages?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Cargo System/Packages

Post by joefremont » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:53 am

yvjjflores wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 am
Good job Joe.

I tried it and everything very well ...

Nice idea, however, I have noticed something:

Initial SVMI-SMG flight
Packages: 02
Weight: 882 lbs
Value: 1,068 v $.
Destination of packages. TTPP

After the stop at SVMG continue my flight to the final destination of the packages (TTPP).

The final flight report indicates the same weight of the packages but their value decreased from 1.068v$ to 931v$.

Why is the difference in the result of the transfer of the packages?
Since it took two flights to deliver the packages the money was divided between the two flights bases on the distance.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Post by CaptainPrecious » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:34 am

Awesome idea!!

Keep up the good work!

yvjjflores
Ticket Agent

Post by yvjjflores » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:31 am

Ok, Joe.

Thanks for the clarification

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Is there any way to limit Cargo/Package operations to 1x flight time operations? Seems a bit unfair for guys to go scooping up large amounts of package cargo in big freighters then flying them 16x speed while more realistic operators slug along at normal flight times. If it' sounds like whining, then what ev forget it. The package system requires a bit more preflight work and I see it only as a fad as many gamer pilots will not want to spend the time working out schedules to get full plane loads of package freight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm
Is there any way to limit Cargo/Package operations to 1x flight time operations? Seems a bit unfair for guys to go scooping up large amounts of package cargo in big freighters then flying them 16x speed while more realistic operators slug along at normal flight times. If it' sounds like whining, then what ev forget it. The package system requires a bit more preflight work and I see it only as a fad as many gamer pilots will not want to spend the time working out schedules to get full plane loads of package freight.
There is always seams to be a conflict between those who fly at 1x and those who fly at 16x. Many who fly at 16x simply don't have the time because of work, school or other obligations and make up for it a few hours in the evening or one day on the weekend. I try to let everyone fly the way they want to. For me I know I don't have the patience to do a long haul flight at 1x and would rather accelerate that leave the cockpit unattended.

We will have to see how it goes, if it becomes a problem put something in place.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Thank you for that good job, Joe. Since we are an exclusive cargo carrier, those performances will be welcome.
Concerning the FS speed is a good idea to remember that the company's CEO can limit the simulator flying speed, by checking the appropriate box into the route. In Wingavia, practically all routes are limited to 1x, in order to get as realism as we can.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey Joe,

I had a few pilots in the airline question the profitability of cargo runs with the new package system. I see their point. It feels like with the cargo package system, cargo now crushes PAX profits and it makes people lean toward the cargo planes now rather than flying people. A 1000nm journey with PAX yields 500-800k while a cargo run is popping out 10-15 million if the cargo run is to a demanding airport. That's a huge profit gap. I don't think the multiplier needs to change from 25x but do you think maybe the overall cargo price per package needs balancing? I have tried to do research on which is more profitable in real life and it does look like cargo, in this day and age of e-commerce, has the advantage but its not that huge. What were your thoughts when you were setting up the package values in the database? I personally love seeing a 25million profit run from KLAX to WSSS as the CEO but the same flight with an international PAX aircraft would only yield about 6-9 million. Thoughts?

Basically, if a VA wanted to dominate on the charts in profits and cargo moved they would never buy a single regional or PAX jet. They would just load their fleets up with nothing but cargo planes and wreck shop in profits vs. a passenger airline. My more profit minded pilots are now fighting over the limited number of cargo airframes we have in the fleets. They've already asked me to buy more 763F/752F's because of how much money can be made with these planes. I think they like those huge personal paychecks too. A good cargo pilot can add 150k to their pilot's bank account off one flight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Captain K-Man wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Hey Joe,

I had a few pilots in the airline question the profitability of cargo runs with the new package system. I see their point. It feels like with the cargo package system, cargo now crushes PAX profits and it makes people lean toward the cargo planes now rather than flying people. A 1000nm journey with PAX yields 500-800k while a cargo run is popping out 10-15 million if the cargo run is to a demanding airport. That's a huge profit gap. I don't think the multiplier needs to change from 25x but do you think maybe the overall cargo price per package needs balancing? I have tried to do research on which is more profitable in real life and it does look like cargo, in this day and age of e-commerce, has the advantage but its not that huge. What were your thoughts when you were setting up the package values in the database? I personally love seeing a 25million profit run from KLAX to WSSS as the CEO but the same flight with an international PAX aircraft would only yield about 6-9 million. Thoughts?

Basically, if a VA wanted to dominate on the charts in profits and cargo moved they would never buy a single regional or PAX jet. They would just load their fleets up with nothing but cargo planes and wreck shop in profits vs. a passenger airline. My more profit minded pilots are now fighting over the limited number of cargo airframes we have in the fleets. They've already asked me to buy more 763F/752F's because of how much money can be made with these planes. I think they like those huge personal paychecks too. A good cargo pilot can add 150k to their pilot's bank account off one flight.
Good points, I went back and forth on this quite a bit. My initial design was to make a package with about the same as a business class revenue per kg, and was wondering it it would be worth ppls time, I would have hated to spent all that time building it only to not have anyone want to use it, especially if you have to collect from multiple cities to fill the planes, so I doubled the value of the packages to give everyone an incentive to use it. We can always adjust things in the future if necessary.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:00 pm

A suggestion: Since the "package system" is a bit complex (many options, many possibilities and a lot of combinations...), a video tutorial would be really appreciated as a big help to understand every point, specially for pilots who do not get by in English language.

Dou you think you have time enough to think about that idea?

Thanks for all.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:00 am

Well, personally I don't have much time to do so, any volunteers?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm

I can work on one - it will be of a "slideshow" than a video tho.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm
I can work on one - it will be of a "slideshow" than a video tho.
:D

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Found a video making free program, trying to figure it out now.... LOL I assume people want audio so they can have google translate?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Good question, I know you can paste text into google translate, its what I have to do for all those who submit support requests or send other messages to me in languages other than English, I have never tried to use google translate on a video.