Cargo beta testing

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Cargo beta testing

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:33 pm

sabahassani wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi again is it possible to assign general names like : electronics, agriculture etc to packages?
Possible yes, maybe interesting for the curious but in my humble opinion not of much practical value. It would not be hard to add it (once someone other than me, researched the categories) but then we would need to devote screen real estate to it that we could be using for something more useful. Opinions?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:33 pm

sabahassani wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am
packages are delivered but they are still shown in the list.( on that flight which you repaired and delivered the packages) rest is fine
Cat could you point out where this is happening?

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm

joefremont wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:33 pm
sabahassani wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am
packages are delivered but they are still shown in the list.( on that flight which you repaired and delivered the packages) rest is fine
Cat could you point out where this is happening?
va cargo page

regarding packages names, it is just like thepassenger manifest. it would be nice to have cargo manifest, just a suggestion. for names just instead of "package" you could use the following:
Electronics
Food
Humanitarian
Fragile
High value or luxurious
etc

if you need more i would be happy to help. :wink:

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:53 pm

I just thought before the system gets put out there live, we should test the penalty aspect to make sure that is all working correctly. So I am going to "sit" on one 88lb package and see what happens. Picked it up July 29. Not priority, just normal 4 day air freight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:53 pm
I just thought before the system gets put out there live, we should test the penalty aspect to make sure that is all working correctly. So I am going to "sit" on one 88lb package and see what happens. Picked it up July 29. Not priority, just normal 4 day air freight.
Since it will take 2 weeks before it actually triggers not sure we want to wait that long before releasing, which I did this morning. But I will go into the db and back date it, so we can see what happens.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 am

Two Weeks? LOL thought it was 4 days

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:40 am

Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 am
Four days before your revenue goes to zero, then the late charges start.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 am
The way it should work is

End of day 1 +100 %
End of day 2 +100 %
End of day 3 +100 %
End of day 4 +100 %
End of day 5 +80 %
End of day 6 +60 %
End of day 7 +40 %
End of day 8 +20 %
End of day 9 - 0 %
End of day 10 -20 %
End of day 11 -40 %
End of day 12 -60 %
End of day 13 -80 %
End of day 14 -100 % and charged

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 pm

sabahassani wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm
regarding packages names, it is just like thepassenger manifest. it would be nice to have cargo manifest, just a suggestion. for names just instead of "package" you could use the following:
Electronics
Food
Humanitarian
Fragile
High value or luxurious
etc

I think I was hoping you could find a page on the inter-web that had real world statistics, something like

Food 30%
Electronics 20%
etc....

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:54 pm

joefremont wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 pm
sabahassani wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm
Electronics
Food
Humanitarian
Fragile
High value or luxurious
etc

I think I was hoping you could find a page on the inter-web that had real world statistics, something like

Food 30%
Electronics 20%
etc....
i sent you a file in pm, and another idea is to assign pay scale according to cargo value :D

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Fragile cargo would have a different rate
Hazardous Materials would have a different rate and not able to ship with passengers

So "Packages" simply refers to general air cargo that is not hazardous or fragile.

Priority Packages with their two day shipment requirements may be considered mail or Amazon contracted loads.

While the real world will have itemized manifests, who in the virtual world would actually look at them? In all my years of flying with FSA I have not once looked at the passenger manifest to see the names of people on board. With all the work Joe has put in on the new changes, we as operators have to step back and decide if something that has no real effect on the outcome of flight revenue is really worth making Joe go through the effort to produce the desired feature?

Just saying, if anyone remembers FSAirlines before Joe rescued it, it was dying on the vine with no support whatsoever. I for one really appreciate all the hard effort and work that has made FSAirlines the top virtual airline management program.... if you compare them all you won't find one better.

Happy Flying Everyone!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:51 pm

I do have to admit the cargo types like the passenger names are things I would never use. So I initially limited it to just normal and priority.

I am planning on adding a fuel type package when we add we add fuel storage at airports (think of them as barrels of fuel VA's would buy them specifically to move fuel to a different location).

Fragile we could do, there would have to be some penalty for harder landings and turbulence.

Hazardous with restrictions for pax AC are possible

As for the others it would not be hard one a list of categories and percentages is generated to just throw on a name and then have a manifest page that shows it. If it makes some happy and does not cost me too much time i'm open to it.

Lets see how phase 1 works and see what adjustments are needed. I did just schedule the package generator to run twice a day so there are more packages to deliver.

Sam thanks for the kind words, it makes me happy that there are some who appreciate my work. :D :) :D

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:53 am

OK it seems there is a little bit of controversy towards me. just to make it clear if it weren't for Joe's efforts we would have left this system ages ago, so thank you for all the hard work and energy you did put into this. :) and i believe more discussion on this matter would not benefit anybody so i leave it to the tides of time. :D

on a somehow separate matter from cargo i did get a flaps failure today it did gave me warnings on approach like saying " flaps flaps ..." but the thing is it did not deploy the failure to my aircraft. i was flying 777F pmdg for fsx. report id: 2594634

Cheers 8)

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:51 pm

just picked up a glitch with package system ... if you click "select packages" after booking the flight you don't see much. If you use the LEFT side package link then select the airport you are at you will see the full list.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Question regarding "opposite direction to hub" connection flights:

Say we pick up packages at KIDA destination KDFW and fly them WEST to KBOI to connect with our 738 going from KBOI to KDFW. Does the connection flight still get paid even tho it is taking the packages further away from destination?