A/C MEL list feature!

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Jmando
Ticket Agent

A/C MEL list feature!

Post by Jmando » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 am

MEL'S MEL's!!!

Example - 757 flight KDFW-KCLT pilot lands gets to gate notices the APU is out. His day ends leaving the plane at KCLT with INOP APU meaning the next pilot to use the gate will need to have an airstart available. This will continue until the plane is able to be seen by maintenance.

MEL - We can have another section on the website in that A/C's MX page with a list of all known issues.
Date,time,MEL iSSUE,deferred by which station & etc

Question I have is there away we can make it that once you start the CLIENT with that A/C you can change the state of the A/C to have INOP systems until fixed by maintenance?

Also how many people would like this feature!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: A/C MEL list feature!

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:05 am

I do have an idea but not sure if it would work. The client could record the failures that happen and then reapply them next flight if no service.

/the client would have to have a much longer list of things to break and we would need a new service type below A-Check that could repair these things.

Is there an interest?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Jmando
Ticket Agent

Post by Jmando » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:28 am

This sounds like a good idea but again lets see how it goes!

Jmando
Ticket Agent

Post by Jmando » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:53 am

joefremont wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:05 am
I do have an idea but not sure if it would work. The client could record the failures that happen and then reapply them next flight if no service.

/the client would have to have a much longer list of things to break and we would need a new service type below A-Check that could repair these things.

Is there an interest?
Just scrambling again but ok say the planes acquires and issue in flight and lands. If significant is there a faster way to do maintenance ( says we're at our MX hub ). We could then hit quick MX and maybe do a 50% repair until taken completely offline for A-CHECK. This is just suggestions and ideas but maybe do a gate mx and take the plane offline for 1-2 hours which would cause a delay but it wouldn't be off for 24 hours..

You understand where i'm going?

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Post by CaptainPrecious » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 am

Like it!

Is this going to happen?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:49 pm

I think you would have to have that client separate as part of an Advanced VA Features Client. The average sim pilot will have very little clue on how to deal with a failure, in fact most flying basic airplanes would not even have the option to "airstart" with a failed APU as their plane doesn't even have one, or if it does, it doesn't matter if it's on or off to start engines.... :shock:

As has been seen this past year with Advanced Financials, there is a strong "gamer" base out there using FSAirlines and to make things too complicated for them would be a huge turn off.

The balance we have to maintain to keep "hardcore simmers" happy as well as the casual pilot will unfortunately require some realism trade off's.
To further expound on this, what is the percentage of pilots flying with FSAirlines who could accurately determine a "go / no go" system failure on a typical jetliner like the 737 / A320? And how would one incorporate systems failures for hundreds of different types of aircrafts?

But as a clickable option, it certainly has merit for basics like PFD down, HSI down VOR not tracking properly etc.

Those that thrive on solving random systems failures can always turn it on in their FSX/P3D. I'm not sure if XP-11 has such a feature. The only issue I see people having with the built in failure system is they know it's coming LOL

Much like a real world checkride, you don't know what or exactly when, but you know for sure they will throw a lot of stuff at you to test your ability to function under duress. I'm not sure the majority of flight simulator enthusiasts will want to "play the game" under such conditions, most are just happy to survive real world weather getting rubber to pavement. 8)

The all important A Service comes into play as well. I for one will be looking for new mechanics if my planes are having constant failures after spending money to keep them serviced at least once a year and before they fall below 96.5% (our company stop line).