Thoughts on Cargo

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

jarek
Ticket Agent

Re: Thoughts on Cargo

Post by jarek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm

That "parcel" idea is very good. Im very happy to see how it will work.

But ,,one question. If new system will successful , is old one will be still availble? If i can suggest anything, i will say keep both in parallel .

Why?

Some of VAs flying online, for example on vatsim.

Parcel system is pushing us to fly where parcels "wants" to go. Old one giving us ,mostly,chance to fly where we wants.

"Pilot" is coming back home after long day and wants to chill out little bit. His plane is on airport "A" and he find some parcels to airports "B" and "C". Problem is at this moment on vatsim airports B and C have no ATC cover but airport D do have but no parcels to airport D. In old system i will fly to D because its more fun to get ATC cover. If you keep both system i will get choice.
"Poland Cargo VA" ---19 YEARS old - Vatsim VA

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:09 am

The answer to your question is yes, the 'old system' will still be available, but will be tweaked a little. I have modified the price formula a bit so its tied closer to the passenger ticket price formula and am looking into a way to limit the amount of generic cargo between airports based on the population of those areas. No more flying 747F's between tiny towns with full payload, it will be similar to the way we do with passengers, its still very much a work in progress so not sure exactly how it will turn out.

I was doing some work on the client this week and had some success. So far I have packages, technical stops and reserve fuel implemented and will see what else I can get in before I call client 2.3 feature complete.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 pm

any words on when we can start testing the new system?
Cheers mate :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

sabahassani wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 pm
any words on when we can start testing the new system?
Cheers mate :D
Yes, did you see the other post I just made on cargo beta testing, I just made it sticky.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.