Its been quiet here

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Its been quiet here

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Almost,,,Too Quiet,,,
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Re: Its been quiet here

Post by MrJTSZ » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:56 am

It's summer and we are melting :lol: :lol:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 pm

Hope everyone is just enjoying their summer vacay, it's just been so quiet here.

jato0072
Ticket Agent

Post by jato0072 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:36 pm

It has been quiet on our VA discord channel as well. I am up for a discussion on any topic. :D

What about the idea of bulk fuel purchases for VAs? For example our VA could buy bulk fuel at our hub (KLAS) and use it to feed our aircraft at a discount. However, if we overbuy, we risk letting it go unused and waste v$. There would be no tremendous game-play advantage. However, it might provide a little more depth to FSA.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:48 pm

jato0072 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:36 pm
It has been quiet on our VA discord channel as well. I am up for a discussion on any topic. :D

What about the idea of bulk fuel purchases for VAs? For example our VA could buy bulk fuel at our hub (KLAS) and use it to feed our aircraft at a discount. However, if we overbuy, we risk letting it go unused and waste v$. There would be no tremendous game-play advantage. However, it might provide a little more depth to FSA.
You know I have been toying with the idea of VA's being able to setup 'fuel storage tanks' at airports. Aircraft could move there extra fuel from there tanks into the storage tanks and then moved back into other aircraft later. Especially useful for remote airports where no fuel is available, a tanker could fly in, fill the tanks and then local aircraft could use it. Of course then I would have to enforce the fuel restrictions at airports. Maybe after cargo is done.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:23 am

well i bought a bar in spain so im crazy running that but I always get flights in when i can.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Matthew wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:23 am
well i bought a bar in spain so im crazy running that but I always get flights in when i can.
Well congrats on the that, hope you have great success, running a business like that can be a lot of work.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Well I am 2300 miles away from my main sim at home, been a long summer overseeing house projects for my mom. Still waiting on the driveway to be dug out and relaid. Over the years it has risen to the point of being nothing but a damn dam and in the spring thaw it backs up the water that then finds a new route through the garage and back porch on the house. We are putting an end to that!

I did bring my "travel sim" with me and bought a new Acer Predator i7 GTX1060 and put in a hybrid SSD/HDD 1TB for FSX. Win10 runs on its own 256 gig SSD. It runs AWESOME!!!! I also found a free traffic program that puts realistic airlines in the skies World of AI It's dated but so is FSX. The important thing is it works and you don't have to load up the whole world to clog your system up like the payware traffic programs do. With Active Sky Next, any Carenado add on, World of AI (traffic at 75%) and graphics set at full / very dense, I still run right to my preset limit of 48 fps. 8)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:00 am

Cat wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pm
Well I am 2300 miles away from my main sim at home, been a long summer overseeing house projects for my mom. Still waiting on the driveway to be dug out and relaid. Over the years it has risen to the point of being nothing but a damn dam and in the spring thaw it backs up the water that then finds a new route through the garage and back porch on the house. We are putting an end to that!

I did bring my "travel sim" with me and bought a new Acer Predator i7 GTX1060 and put in a hybrid SSD/HDD 1TB for FSX. Win10 runs on its own 256 gig SSD. It runs AWESOME!!!! I also found a free traffic program that puts realistic airlines in the skies World of AI It's dated but so is FSX. The important thing is it works and you don't have to load up the whole world to clog your system up like the payware traffic programs do. With Active Sky Next, any Carenado add on, World of AI (traffic at 75%) and graphics set at full / very dense, I still run right to my preset limit of 48 fps. 8)
Hey Sam, Nice travelling rig you have there, glad you can help your mom out with her projects and still fly. :D