New Parking Fee's - Billing Nightmare?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MrBingham
Ticket Agent

Re: New Parking Fee's - Billing Nightmare?

Post by MrBingham » Sun May 05, 2019 4:38 pm

VegasTim wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:26 pm
joefremont wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 am
I think I fixed most of the issues., I even discovered one that was preventing all my big 747's parked at JFK from getting charged. I put the new code on beta.fsairlines.net and reset the database back to a backup from 4/30 and ran the parking charge program. Log into beta.fsairlines.net and see what they should look like.

I am basically going to call april a test and will delete all the current parking fees and we will try again at the end of may.
The original fee's are still listed and we just had another set post as well. Just FYI, it sounds like y'all have your hands full and this is just a temporary transitional phase.
Is this the answer of my post?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 05, 2019 4:46 pm

MrBingham wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:52 am
We got again a huge parking bill....more than 2.000.000 v§... that's to much for a growing airline with 2 pilots... when this is going on, we flying only for the fee's. Is that the reason for that??

Also I thought we dont pay for the parking fee at our main Hub??? Why we have a bill about 1.000.000 v§ for EDDF??

Edit: What we do when both pilots in real holiday or busy?? Nobody fly a month or longer? The Airplane goes broke?
Do you mean SkyUnited? With 121 aircraft worth over 16 billion. Since your VA has earned over 24m in flight revenue just since the beginning of the month with just two pilots I think you will be OK, the lease payments you have received since the start of May are also more than that. I don't think I ever said parking at the hub would be free, discounted yes but not free, if I did please point it out.

If you know your going to be away for an extended time you can always turn off the advanced finance option (unless you have leases, loans or maintenance centers) but there are things you can do to reduce your fees, the biggest thing is moving most of your fleet you don't use regularly to a less busy airport where charges are less, just keep at the ones your likely to fly at that busy super airport. Certainly your leasing fleet does not have to be at EDDF.

One of the bugs I fixed was one that prevented aircraft that did not move during the month from getting any fees, that's why you got the second round when that fix got pushed out.

Its true, if the pilots in an airline go away for an extended period of time, the Airline could go broke, but that happens already. Lease payments, loan payments, maintenance center costs all come due and can make a VA go bankrupt.

The parking fees for April were very much a learning experience for all of us and I will be wiping them all out soon. If they are causing issues with your VA finances let me know and I will get remove them sooner.

Take a look at beta.fsairlines.net, on that site its using a backup from 4/30 where I re-ran the parking fee generator and I believe those values are correct, I will leave that up until the end of May so you get a better view of what will be coming.

The whole point of this exercise with the maintenance changes and parking fees is because members were asking for things to be more realistic and yes it was pointed out by more than one member that we a number of VA's with huge fleets and a few pilots is not very realistic and there should be some cost to that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 05, 2019 4:49 pm

MrBingham wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:38 pm
VegasTim wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:26 pm
joefremont wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 am
I think I fixed most of the issues., I even discovered one that was preventing all my big 747's parked at JFK from getting charged. I put the new code on beta.fsairlines.net and reset the database back to a backup from 4/30 and ran the parking charge program. Log into beta.fsairlines.net and see what they should look like.

I am basically going to call april a test and will delete all the current parking fees and we will try again at the end of may.
The original fee's are still listed and we just had another set post as well. Just FYI, it sounds like y'all have your hands full and this is just a temporary transitional phase.
Is this the answer of my post?
Yes it is temporary, and I think I have learned enough from that data I can get rid of the existing parking fees. They will be gone within the hour.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun May 05, 2019 5:20 pm

I don't think people really realize the enormous complexity of the new features Joe has been adding BY HIMSELF.... He has no team other than a few of us users who test things for him, so please everyone .... have a little patience .... the end result will certainly be worth it! :)

(Edit add) - @ Joe: are parking fee's attached to the multiplier of the airline?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:20 pm
I don't think people really realize the enormous complexity of the new features Joe has been adding BY HIMSELF.... He has no team other than a few of us users who test things for him, so please everyone .... have a little patience .... the end result will certainly be worth it! :)

(Edit add) - @ Joe: are parking fee's attached to the multiplier of the airline?
Thanks for the kind words Cat. Yes its just me and I have another full time job I have to do along with a wife who does not want to be neglected.

As to your question, parking fees are not attached to the multiplier.

MrBingham
Ticket Agent

Post by MrBingham » Sun May 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks for your explain to me. I know there are some bugs or issues. I have also a normal job and family. i only flying when i have free time for it.

For me is important to understand all the new features (as example the fees) that our Airline dont broke. I know already at this time that i dont flying in the summer due to the great weather and our holidays. Out from this point we dont have any loans payments because we buy only aircrafts when we have the money :wink:
Why i cant turn off the advanced finance option? Because we have active lease to other airlines? But this is a good point we can do when we now to be away for an extended time.

Let me give you a short overview why we have so much aircrafts. The most aircrafts were buyed from 2009 up to 2012. In this years we had nearly 20 pilots who are flying for us. After the relaunch i startet completly new and alone. So i needed an new strategy to find new pilots. I buyed in Nov 2018 some new Types. Thats the reason why we have over 120 planes. On the other side when i started from the normal beginning with one plane, so i could not give such a big fleet yet. Thats right.

With the first step I move now the hole fleet (unless which we keep likely to fly) to a storage airport to reduce the fees.

btw i do not mind about realistic

(sorry for my bad english, i figured out that i dont write for couple of years :oops: )

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi Joe,

Just letting you know that for some reason, 19 more parking fees showed up this afternoon.

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 am

flugkapitan wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 pm
Hi Joe,

Just letting you know that for some reason, 19 more parking fees showed up this afternoon.

Regards,
Scott
They will be gone as soon as I figure out why

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Tue May 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks Joe,

Also, upon checking in today, a bunch more of them have showed up.

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue May 07, 2019 3:11 pm

We only have two but they cycled ... maybe the time stamp will help you track the bug down....

That timestamp number looks familiar - has the parking fee somehow attached itself onto random fleets to the aircraft buy back billing tiimestamp?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 am

Still have one billing out daily

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu May 09, 2019 7:38 am

Sorry for no response for the last couple days, real life has intruded a bit. I think I found the bug causing the extra fees and removed it, along with the extra transactions. Let me know if you see any more.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu May 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Well this gets interesting again..... The individual fee's are gone from all transactions (all fleets as well as affected fleets), yet the cash balance did not change.

We had a total of $192 "rogue parking fee's" that were auto billing daily. They are gone from all transaction pages but in order to balance our books, we cannot take that $192 our of our "misc. parking fee" expense entry in our master ledger.

Current balance as of last flight KMYL - KBOI Flight LAS3502 pilot Sam income $17,700
Brings our FSA cash on hand balance to $5,566,249,538

Our airline books with the $192 in fee's removed show our balance at $5,566,249,730 off by $192 - the same as the total parking fee's that auto billed and were removed.

Is this just us or is this a global glitch across all of FSAirlines including those with huge parking fee's that auto billed?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu May 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Actually I just deleted the transactions without forcing a balance recalculation, the next time a transaction is created the balance will be re-calculated and I was depending on that, but I did a manual recalculation of all the balances so it should be good now.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu May 09, 2019 5:33 pm

cool just giving you feedback :)