Maintenance Centers

Please report Bugs and Problems here
joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Maintenance Centers

Post by joefremont » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 am

Actually it goes magenta when past two year, I could have done red and could make it so if there is demand but wanted to show a difference if not flyable because of maintenance vs other statuses
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:07 pm

ahhh yeah duh red is booked.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Post by MrJTSZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 am

I'm not sure if this has already been talked about, but when an aircraft from another VA uses our maintenance center the cost for that VA should be income for our VA?
If so, I do not understand why FSA makes me a charge and then a subscription to the other VA, so the result is 0.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 pm

MrJTSZ wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 am
I'm not sure if this has already been talked about, but when an aircraft from another VA uses our maintenance center the cost for that VA should be income for our VA?
If so, I do not understand why FSA makes me a charge and then a subscription to the other VA, so the result is 0.

The way it works is the other VA pays you the % you ask for and then you pay to do the actual work, the difference between the 25% you pay and the % you charge is your profit. It looks like in your pic that you charged 25%, which is your cost so no profit.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:53 pm

I just made a small tweak to the colors for the aircraft, its blue when its twelve months since maintenance, its a darker blue when its 21 months past maintenance, to give you more of a clue that it might be time to start moving aircraft to a maintenance center before they get stranded.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Post by MrJTSZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:56 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 pm
MrJTSZ wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 am

The way it works is the other VA pays you the % you ask for and then you pay to do the actual work, the difference between the 25% you pay and the % you charge is your profit. It looks like in your pic that you charged 25%, which is your cost so no profit.
Oh, understood :oops: :oops:

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm

I just crunched the financial numbers and it makes no fiscal sense for an airline our size to own two Maintenance Centers without acquiring outside work from other airlines ... We have 52 active aircraft from C172 to B777L. Our initial thoughts were to have a Medium center in Boise for our small plane division and a Large in Las Vegas for our jets.

Here are the numbers as they pertain to our operation:

Bi-Annual Full Price Service Costs All Active Aircraft: $20,093,260 per yr
Annual Full Price Service Costs All Active Aircraft: $40,186,520 per yr (our company policy is to keep inspections current every year)
First Year Maintenance Center Fixed Costs (1 LG 1 Med): $85,360,072 per yr
2nd Year Maintenance Center Fixed Costs (1 LG 1 Med): $43,740,072 per yr

Unless we generate outside work on a steady basis, the way the monthly costs are stacked, we will never see these centers showing a profit.
Only airlines with very deep pockets will be able to sustain Maintenance Centers over a long period of time ... Fortunately we are sitting on over $5 Billion in cash on hand.

NOT A COMPLAINT - Just an FYI to operators who want to jump into the Maintenance business.

EDITED: We are saving $30,139,890 annually on our 1 year service company policy ... so even with those numbers taken into account, it will still take steady outside work and/or years for the facilities to be worth the investment.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 pm

One thing I have not wanted to mention is that you don't have to keep the centers open all year round. You could open a center, repair all your AC in one month and then close it. Then the annual cost the year after building will be 1/6 of normal, but you will loose the possibility of business from other airlines..

But I think I will cut the cost of the centers in half, will apply the update to the previous transactions when I get around to it.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 am

Thanks Joe! That certainly makes owning Maintenance Centers seem more feasible .... but it will still take good bean counting to make them work for each airline.... that is a good thing ..... If there is no challenge, then there is no fun 8)

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Not sure why but I seem to have aircraft stuck in maintenance centers both ours and centers from other airlines. Whats happening here Joe. Checkout some of the aircraft in our 'z FOR SALE/LEASE' fleet.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Just checked it and found a bug, de-bugged it and a bunch of AC were released.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 am

Many thanks for the fix and quick response Joe!

rew
Ticket Agent

Post by rew » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Created a new fleet in the new port and rewritten there part of aircraft.Now these aircraft can not be repaired anywhere.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:31 am

rew wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Created a new fleet in the new port and rewritten there part of aircraft.Now these aircraft can not be repaired anywhere.
Does it show for any of your aircraft at other airports? I tested it using what I belive is your settings for UHHH and aircraft Boeing 767-300ER RA-PTY. And it looked ok.

I suspect its not working anywhere, and if so its because its not downloading/rendering the font awesome library correctly, If it works other places but not this airport then there is a different problem and can you please describe the steps you used to reproduce it.

rew
Ticket Agent

Post by rew » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 pm

When the Boeing 767-300ER is assigned to the x-West fleet it can be repaired at any airport in the world

But if Boeing 767-300ER attributed to the fleet X-East,it is impossible to repair anywhere.