Maintenance and Fee Changes

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Maintenance and Fee Changes

Post by joefremont » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:46 pm

We are making some changes to the maintenance system that will go into effect at the beginning of April. These changes include:

To be sold or leased, an aircraft must have been maintained within the last year.
To be flown an aircraft must have been maintained within the last two years.
Aircraft that have not been flown within the last 60 days will have there status reduced by 0.2%.
You can build Maintenance centers that will allow you to maintain aircraft and reduced rates.

In addition airports are going to start charging for parking, Super airports will have the highest rate at 8v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day and will go down to 1v$ per 1000kg MLW per day at municipal and private airports. There are number of storage airports around the globe where you can park your aircraft for even less (0.25v$ per 1000kg). At storage airports for a small fee you can mothball your aircraft which will put them into long term storage with no daily fee but will require the equivalent of an A-Check to get them out of storage. There is also a 50% discount for parking aircraft at the airport which is the base of there fleet.

The cost for each type of airport is:

Storage Airport : 0.25v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
Private/Military : 1v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
Municipal : 1v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
Regional : 2v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
Intercontinental : 3v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
International : 4v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day
Super Airport : 8v$ per 1000 kg of MLW per day

The current storage airports are:

EGBP - Cotswold Airport - United Kingdom
FAUP - Pierre Van Ryneveld Airport - South Africa
KROW - Roswell International Air Center Airport - United States
LFBT - Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées Airport - France
UAFM - Manas International Airport - Kyrgyzstan
KGYR - Phoenix Goodyear Airport - United States
KIGM - Kingman Airport - United States
KMHV - Mojave Airport - United States
KVCV - Southern California Logistics Airport - United States
YBAS - Alice Springs Airport - Australia

Your airline can avoid the parking fees and status reductions for not flying by turning off the 'Advanced Finance' settings for your VA but then you will not be able to do the following.

Lease your aircraft to other airlines.
Give loans to other airlines.
Build/Operate maintenance centers.
Use the advanced cargo options (coming soon).

In addition with advanced finance off your airlines maximum revenue multiplier will be reduced one step, but not below 25x.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Re: Maintenance and Fee Changes

Post by MrJTSZ » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Very nice job Joe!!!
Only one addition, it is possible to add the airport of Teruel (LETL) as storage airports or are they fixed??

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:54 pm

MrJTSZ wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Very nice job Joe!!!
Only one addition, it is possible to add the airport of Teruel (LETL) as storage airports or are they fixed??
It is possible to add Teruel, and at one point I did but pulled it out because its not an airport that comes stock with FSX. Right now the only thing different about the storage airports is its where FSA Aviation stores its "For Sale" aircraft.

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am

Good stuff, Joe. Will encourage those of us running airlines to do a bit of stocktaking and logistics management.

Can I ask: can an aircraft be *transferred* if it has not been maintained for 2 years?

Also, how many financial transactions will we see in our Finances? i.e. what level of granularity - one transaction per [plane/fleet] per [day/week/month]?

Looking forward to the management decision-making these new charges will invite.

Cheers
Simon
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Simon!

From the information I've been gathering, once an aircraft passes 2 year anniversary of its last service, it's a "pumpkin" and has to serviced at full price where it sits, no flying to a service center, no transferring.

Billing the parking fee's is a major concern for us as well .... the last time it was discussed, he was leaning toward monthly per aircraft (1 transaction each).

Another item we are finding out is check the service date on your used aircraft you bought in the past year. We found several with different last service dates than our date of purchase. That would be an easy trap to get caught with an out of date service status..... thinking it's X month and it's really Y a couple months prior.

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:13 pm

OK, I just wanted to check whether I'd be wanting to pre-empt the "go-live" by transferring aircraft that are very close to or beyond the 2-year point and not in locations where we can get some "cheap servicing" :-)

I have spent some time over the past 24 hours partially-populating a spreadsheet with all our aircraft on, including what fleet they are in, where they are located currently, where the fleet's home is, when they were last maintained and whether they are in one of FSA's "storage" locations. I have applied traffic lighting to the maintenance dates to show "green" if the aircraft can be sold/leased (i.e. less than year since last service), "amber" if they can be flown but not leased/sold (one to two years since last service) and "red" if they are, as you say, "pumpkins" (over two years since last service). I've thus far managed to get nearly 300 of our aircraft on this sheet :shock:
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:10 pm

We also track our fleets and finances in separate spreadsheets using Google Sheets so we can link them up for pilots to view in real time. We have sold off a lot of rarely used aircraft last year and are selling off another 20 to bring the "pilot to aircraft" ratio more into balance. The airlines that will be most impacted by the new features are the small airlines with large fleets..But then real world airline business is brutal too WOW just shut down with no notice.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 am

As you assumed, you won't be able to transfer if not maintained in two years, be aware I did add a lot of 'maintenance' records for aircraft that have not been maintained in a while so only about 4% will not have been maintained in two years.

I am planning on turning it on some time April 1 or 2, depending on how crazy things are at work.

Serret
Ticket Agent

Post by Serret » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Very nice job Joe.....

Just one question, would it be possible to add Guarulhos Airport (SBGR) as storage airport?

Regards

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Serret wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm
Very nice job Joe.....

Just one question, would it be possible to add Guarulhos Airport (SBGR) as storage airport?

Regards
As the primary international airport serving São Paulo and the busiest airport in South America I think SBGR is a true super airport, which is the opposite of a storage airport. As I said in another post:
No reason we can't have more airports designated as storage, all they need is a dry climate, lots of space and not a lot of curious locals breaking into things.
In the formals that calculate how many passengers are available (and soon cargo) at an airport has airport size as an input so super airports generate the most, decreasing through international, regional, municipal, private and finally storage and I have been toying with the idea that storage airports should not generate/receive any passengers/cargo at all.

I would like to find a good storage airport in South America as right now the closest ones are in the south west United States but the ones I have looked at are in places that are much too tropical or populated (usually both).

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:15 pm

MrJTSZ wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Very nice job Joe!!!
I have just changed Teruel to a storage airport, but FSA Aviation will not use it to park its 'for sale' aircraft.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am

Hi there
if it is possible we need a parking base in Iran as all of your bases are to far from us and will cause problems and difficulties in transfer operations.
for your information Payam airport( OIIP ) is suitable for this purpose.
thank you and great work with new systems. looking forward for new cargo system. :wink:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:38 pm

sabahassani wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am
Hi there
if it is possible we need a parking base in Iran as all of your bases are to far from us and will cause problems and difficulties in transfer operations.
for your information Payam airport( OIIP ) is suitable for this purpose.
thank you and great work with new systems. looking forward for new cargo system. :wink:
Humm, I have been trying to use airports that are actually being used for real life aircraft storage, on google maps I see one 747 on the ground but none being stored.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:38 am

I just pushed out the update so the flight and sale restrictions are live, let the complaining begin!

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:01 am

this airport was used in the past for cargo operations. normally in Iran they store aircraft in working airports. thanks anyways. 8)