Maintenance Centers

Please report Bugs and Problems here
joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Maintenance Centers

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

I found a bug in the discounting logic which is now fixed. I have adjusted the rates for aircraft where work had not been started but for those where the work was already started or even finished I deleted the transactions, so 11 more aircraft just got there maintenance for free.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

PAV101
Ticket Agent

Post by PAV101 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi ...
Very nice Idea and feature Joe ... TNX!

I have an issue here ...
When I try to send my aircraft to my own maintenance center, I receive this message and repair is canceled !

"There is an update to the maintenance on your aircraft
Boeing 737-900ER EP-VHA

Maintenance has been canceled"

Where am I doing wrong !?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 pm

PAV101 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm
Hi ...
Very nice Idea and feature Joe ... TNX!

I have an issue here ...
When I try to send my aircraft to my own maintenance center, I receive this message and repair is canceled !

"There is an update to the maintenance on your aircraft
Boeing 737-900ER EP-VHA

Where am I doing wrong !?
I think it's because the fleet the aircraft is part of has a negative cash balance, this should not be an issue since your VA does not have finance by fleet turned on, you may try transferring some funds to the fleet so it has a positive balance and try again. Will fix it as soon as I can.

PAV101
Ticket Agent

Post by PAV101 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 am

Excellent ... Done !

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 am

Yes, I found that yesterday I was getting maintenance cancelled instantly, but moving an appropriate budget into the fleet that the aircraft belongs to sorted it out.

In my case I have created two new fleets : "Maintenance Due" (to put aircraft in that I deem "in need of maintenance" and therefore that need to be moved to a Maintenance Centre location) and "Maintenance Done" (to put aircraft in that have had their maintenance done and need to be moved back to their home base either via Transfer or by actually flying them; once back at their home base I move them back into their correct fleet). This makes it easier to keep track of the whole process, which along with a spreadsheet of what is due to be, is being and has been maintained (with the costs) I will be able to report the financial and logistical effects of Maintenance Centres for us.

What I would like to ask is whether we are going to be able to change which fleet the Maintenance Centre "belongs to" - I have tried changing the fleet in the Update Maintenance Centre screen but it doesn't seem to save that change.

I think this Maintenance Centre idea is a great addition to FSA - even if it actually turns out to cost us more than the "default" method of maintenance (cost of building/running the centres versus the relatively small amount of servicing we need to do) it brings another level of realism to it (cos in real life you can't maintain every type of aircraft in every location round the world), encourages airlines to co-operate with each other (sharing their facilities) and gives something else for us managers to play with when we are not actually flying.

Cheers
Simon

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:58 pm

The 'cancelled' bug was because the center code assumed all VA's used finance by fleet and if the fleet did not have a cash balance to pay for the maintenance it was cancelled, I fixed both it and the change fleet bug.

Yes it's quite possible that owning a center could be a money loser. Since it costs 8x the cost to repair a max size aircraft to build and 1x to maintain, with the repair discount you would need to repair 26 aircraft a year and 16 the next for it to make sence, more if the aircraft being worked on are smaller. But of course since you can repair aircraft for other airlines also it could very easily turn into a profit center since it can actually do 365+ A-Checks a year at full capacity.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

I've been crunching the numbers and with our two facilities (Large and Medium), servicing just our own fleets we are looking at about a 3 year window to make payoff and that's with 77 aircraft .... we have everything from Cessna 172 trainer to Boeing 777-200ER/F.

A small operator would be much further ahead to go shopping for service and get a discounted rate from another airline.

It will take companies with deep pockets to sustain the initial expenses of opening and maintaining Large or Extra Large Maintenance Centers.

Which makes the whole program even neater .... it's not just a given anyone and everyone will build a service center.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am

Hello there
great work on this project.
just a few problems:
Our fleets goes into maintenance and two things happened:
1- aircraft maintenance gets cancelled and it shows in the aircraft profile that it is not currently under check but the aircraft is unavailable.
2- we received the following message:" There is an update to the maintenance on your aircraft
Boeing 747-400ER (Aircraft Registry)

but in the aircraft profile it shows it is still on the maintenance queue and is pending maintenance.
in both cases aircraft entered maintenance queue and almost immediately gets one of the above problems. If the center is free and then aircraft enter check procedure with no problems.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Possibly putting an aircraft into a center that is not large enough to handle it? 747's can only be serviced at Extra Large Maintenance Centers.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 pm

The system should not allow you to add an aircraft that is too large to the queue in the first place. There could be several reasons why 'by design' an aircraft's maintenance is cancelled.

At the time maintenance is supposed to start, the VA or fleet does not have the funds,
The VA owning the center becomes inactive
The VA owning the center closes the center
The VA owning the center removed the aircraft from the queue before the maintenance starts.

There was a bug with the code not observing the 'finance by fleet' flag for the VA and assuming the fleet did not have the funds when the VA was not using that feature, I believe I fixed that but will have to recheck now.

I am working on getting the new scheduler working, where it will fit smaller AC in but not delay larger aircraft, the update I did yesterday had some problems and I rolled it back, I think I worked out the bugs in it and am about to push it out again, so fingers crossed.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:40 am

Since this became more of a 'bugs' thread I moved it to the bugs and problems section and re-created a clean maintenance center thread for the 'how to' section.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Post by MrJTSZ » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

I don't know if its due the new updates but, when I try to sell one of my private planes it lets me fill in the sale price, I send it but then it does not appear as it is in the market.
Actually I have one AC on the market but I would like to sell more :roll:

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi

We have an A350 F-WWYB at Dubai that was maintained (by an airline leasing the aircraft from us) a few weeks ago, but attempting to put it on the lease market we are told that it hasn't been repaired in a year. Other aircraft (eg E145 G-UBBK at EGLL) also are suffering from this same issue when we attempt to put them on the leasing market.

Cheers
Simon
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:26 pm

SJDobby wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi

We have an A350 F-WWYB at Dubai that was maintained (by an airline leasing the aircraft from us) a few weeks ago, but attempting to put it on the lease market we are told that it hasn't been repaired in a year. Other aircraft (eg E145 G-UBBK at EGLL) also are suffering from this same issue when we attempt to put them on the leasing market.

Cheers
Simon
Yes, that does seam to be a bug, the maintenance is recorded but its not allowing sale. will fix it as soon as I can.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 am

So a blue dot indicates one year past due but still flyable? Will it turn red when it goes to 2 years?

This is the problem with buying used aircraft that have not been serviced LOL We picked this one up in February.