New Feature Idea - Ground Aircraft icon

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

New Feature Idea - Ground Aircraft icon

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:53 am

For some owner/operators it would be nice to be able to ground specific aircraft without having to pull type ratings for all others. We operate with the policy all aircraft must maintain a current 1 year inspection certificate (A Service) and when our Franchise Fleet operators let one expire, I'd like to be able to ground that aircraft until they pay FSAirlines full price for an A service where it sits instead of getting the "in company discount" if they had flown it to one of our new Maintenance Centers.

LOL I have been accused of being a mean and nasty boss at times, but hey if you are going to "fly like it's real", then get with the program and keep your aircraft current. :roll:

My idea would simply be some sort of symbol/icon where the information, transfer, service, sell icons are - click on/click off to ground a specific plane, make it either part of the 'manage aircraft' permissions or admininstration only feature so pilots who can buy/sell their own fleet planes, can't just click it back on and go fly without a current annual. I know FSA is using 2 year inspections but we stepped up our game to be a little more restrictive. :wink:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: New Feature Idea - Ground Aircraft icon

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 am

I think adding a 'grounded by va' status would not be too much of a problem, if a VA manager says nobody can use an aircraft I don't see any problem to that.

I have been thinking about the aircraft status and if there should be a different 'status' for AC more than two years past due category to make it easier to identify which as need service and why you can't fly it. I figure I am also going make that maintenance data more visible, right now its on the AC info page but there should be a place where that can be seen for the fleet at glance.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: New Feature Idea - Ground Aircraft icon

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Turn the aircraft status BLACK like a grounded pilot
Green available Red booked Yellow enroute Black grounded/unavailable due to overdue service

Make grounded aircraft due to overdue service have to use FSAirlines where it sits to bring it current (at 100% rate). Airline Maintenance Centers can't give discounted rates to aircraft overdue on service..... that will get everyone's attention quickly LOL