Client 2.2.4 Released!

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Client 2.2.4 Released!

Post by joefremont » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi Flyers,

This is a minor update to the client, high points of this update are:

- Damage due to hard landings is decreased by about 50%.
- The landing vertical speed is now displayed in the Penalty/Events area of the client so you can see what your landing speed was before submitting the report.
- The aircraft status for multi engine and single engine aircraft made more consistent. This means no mater if it is a single engine or a four engine, the state of the engines is only 33% of the entire aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Re: Client 2.2.4 Released!

Post by MrJTSZ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Amazing job Joe! :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Also of note, if you look at the aircraft information page on the website you can now see the breakdown in the status compared to Engines, Gear and Hull.

Be aware you may see the status of some of your multi engine aircraft reduced. Before this update, the status of each engine was give the same importance as the hull or gear, so a in a four engine AC, the engines combined to 2/3 of the status while singe engine aircraft the engines were 1/3. Now with this update the engines combined are always 1/3 of the aircraft. So if you had a four engine aircraft where each of the engines was 100% but the gear and hull were both 90%, you will see the status drop from 96.7% to 93.3%.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 am

AVG didn't want to let me install 2.2.4, sent it off for "questioning"

Eventually it released the file back to me but just wondering what might have caused this?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm

This was built the same way we always build it. For the virus software it often that it has not seen it before. But I should look into digitally signing it.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:46 am

I just uploaded a beta release of the client. I have re-tuned the system damage functions and adjusted chance of a system failure so they are much less likely, at status 90% there is only a 1% chance, at status 80% there is a 4% chance.

The reason this is a beta is there is one bug a pilot reported regarding disabling of the multiplayer menu in FS9 and since I am currently unable to run FS9 on my fairly new windows 10 system I have asked for the pilot (and anyone else who reads this who would like to) to test this before I make it an official release.

Once the official release is done I am going to repair all the aircraft that were damaged by the overly aggressive damage system in the previous releases and refund the repair bills that were done since 2.2.1 was officially released.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Very thanks about failures!