Multiplier

Please report Bugs and Problems here
flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Multiplier

Post by flugkapitan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Greetings,

The multiplier for my airline has been cut in half. The value of said airline is less than 10,000,000.000.00 (as per the Wiki).

Why was it halved?

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Multiplier

Post by joefremont » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 pm

As we discussed in the . "some thought about more realistic" thread we were adjusting the multiplier levels,

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9358

the thread is pretty long so to repeat the change that was made:
The multipliers levels have been re-done. They will still start at 1000x and drop by about 30% each 500m until it bottoms out at 25x at 5b. This is actually more generous until you reach 1.5b and overall it will take about twice as many flights to reach 5b. Another change to this is the multiplier will be based on your total assets, including leased aircraft. The multiplier is supposed to help you build your large airline, but if you have leased a bunch of aircraft, you already have a large airline.
Good spot on updating the wiki, I had forgotten about that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I must say I have mixed feelings on this. It is probably well and fine if you're an airline with a lot of pilots. However in my case, I'm an airline of "one", so, now I would have to fly twice as many flights to generate the same amount of revenue as in the past. Not physically possible since I only have so many hours in a day that I can devote to flight simming.

Seems like an airline is being penalized for being successful.

In addition, will expenses (maintenance) stay the same even though revenue has been decreased? If so, can't see the logic of multiplier decrease.

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

gcl
Ticket Agent

Post by gcl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 am

For an airline with just one pilot the multiplier is a disadvantage, sure. You may, if your multi is decreased shortly, try to finish some leasing contracts of unused planes, may be, you will "fall back" to a higher multi.
The sense of the multi is to help fresh pilots to build there airline. If they got bigger (the airlines, not the pilots :P ), they usually have more pilots, which "multiply" the income. Sure, if you are planning to keep alone, its bad. I understand you. The maintanance costs are equal for all multis, afaik. Only the fuel costs are connected.
Good luck.

PS.: I am at multi 100 with just two active pilots, dont ask, how much we have to work ;-)