Client 2.2.1 Released!

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Client 2.2.1 Released!

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 am

We have finally released version 2.2.1 of the client as a stable release. What had been holding it up is was building a version for Mac OS and the unstable X-Plane Plugin for X-Plane 11. Now I did not solve those problems are not solved, but when I noticed that nobody has used the Mac OS client for over 6 months I figured it was no longer a blocker. I also removed the X-Plane plug-in from the base installer. If you were using it and still want to you can down load it from this link.

https://www.fsairlines.net/downloads/FS ... 2.1.xp.exe

I am not completely giving up on it, hopefully Konny will find some time to revisit it, he created it originally but given since we started FSAirlines he has gotten married, had kids and his job has gotten busier, I would not expect it soon.

For now the recommended way to use X-Plane is with the stand alone client and XPUIPC, which you can find a link to here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9287

Changes since 2.2.0.rc3 include:
- Fixing the altitude cheat detector to use absolute altitude rather than atmospheric altitude.
- Fixes to damage calculation resulting from crashes.

The biggest changes are to the penalties, this includes removing the landing light penalty and adding low altitude and hard landing penalties. You can read about the changes here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9220

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Re: Client 2.2.1 Released!

Post by VegasTim » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:58 am

FSUIPC NOTE WITH NEW CLIENT: If you are running an ancient system (like mine and others) you must update FSUIPC to work with the new stable client …. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER after you install the latest version of FSUIPC or you will pound your head against the wall trying to figure out where it went in FSX.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 am

Good advice Tim although I did not change anything I can think of that would require that, but getting an up to date version is usually a good idea.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Mine did the same thing Windows VistaHP with an FSUIPC I haven't updated since 2015 ... FSA Client popped up an advisory window and would not continue until I got a newer version of FSUIPC. Said it was 'required'.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am

Hellow Joe!
No sound with my blackbox.xml :(