FSAirlines Client v2.2.0 rc1 being a big failure

Please report Bugs and Problems here
wings138
Flight Attendant

FSAirlines Client v2.2.0 rc1 being a big failure

Post by wings138 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 am

This program works sometimes and sometimes not, it throws errors saying there was a position change, and now it doesn't detect me on the ground and allowing me to file. I will try one test and see. I will download the non beta and see if it does better.

if it turns out to be something else, I will accept that and go back to using the RC1, but we will see.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Re: FSAirlines Client v2.2.0 rc1 being a big failure

Post by AdySmith » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 am

Works fine for me.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

This is getting very old, right near the end of a flight and it cancels because it thinks there was a position change. Only thing going on is scenery loading, I have lots of pay ware scenery, and it doesn't happen at every one just mostly Seattle, this started real recently. So, we are going to re do the flight using the stable client and see if the problem keeps going. I am not using slew or anything else, just loading scenery.

If this keeps up, I will request a refund for the entire year and not invest my money with you again. FSAirlines was looking better, but the problems are getting worst when it cancels a flight for no reason.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm

wings138 wrote:This is getting very old, right near the end of a flight and it cancels because it thinks there was a position change. Only thing going on is scenery loading, I have lots of pay ware scenery, and it doesn't happen at every one just mostly Seattle, this started real recently. So, we are going to re do the flight using the stable client and see if the problem keeps going. I am not using slew or anything else, just loading scenery.

If this keeps up, I will request a refund for the entire year and not invest my money with you again. FSAirlines was looking better, but the problems are getting worst when it cancels a flight for no reason.
Stacy I will get you a debug version of the client by this weekend so we can figure out what's happening on your setup.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Ok, for the big testing here, I've switched back to the last stable to see if there is anything I can detect. It's not happening to just me, there is also someone else that flies for me that has been using P3d v3.4 and 4.0 for flights and has had the flight cancelation problem as well.

Maybe it's something going on with FSUIPC, as there is a new version, but I hadn't changed to it yet. Still haven't switched to P3d version 4 as I was in need of getting the registered version of FSUIPC.

Sorry to sound so harsh but I have been having this problem for the last few weeks and it's really hardening when you just about finished a flight and all of a sudden it's cancelled.

Could it have anything to do with the server??? as this has been happening to two of us. and my friend doesn't have the pause for loading problem with P3d I do. It's always had that problem but never cause the flight to get cancelled, but maybe a couple times and like weeks apart.

Anyway, I hope this can be figured out and we can fix it, as I am sure others would hate to have this happen like after a flight of several hours.

Anyway, thanks a bunch.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:36 am

Hi Stacy, I am sending you a link to a test client via PM.

I have disabled the abortion of the flight based on position change but it should still give you the message. Zip up the contents of your My Documents\fsairlines folder and zip it to me, hopefully there will be something in there that will help be fix this problem.

Even if it does not happen again send me the logs, data from the previous flights should still be there.

Anybody else need the test client ping me and I will send you the link.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.