Airport Codes

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Airport Codes

Post by Cat » Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm

As promised, they be done :)

Some of my earlier ones may have been nitpicking ... heliports in FSA vs short grass strips in FSX, but if FSA had the name different, then I called them different.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 pm

OMG! They are all done! Thanks to mostly Cat one or two others they have all been processed.
Looks like I need to get off my butt and get this project finished.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat May 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I have updated the beta site with the new airport information. The airport information page there now shows new code and the new location as preview info. The VA airports page shows on the right the new code and distance its moved. The page we were reviewing the codes show all airports that have either moved (at the top sorted by distance) or whose codes have changed (below those that moved). We can flag them now as being a problem or as being ok.

I have modified the interface for the client to not tell the old client (2.1.0) about airports that have codes longer than 4 digits, nor routes going to or from airports that long codes. I should have done that a long time ago but that means I can't roll these changes until I get the next beta client ready, and I have one or two more things to do on that.

For better or worse the misses will be away next week so I will have more time in the evening to work on this, if I don't get it done this weekend.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 21, 2017 2:22 am

The changes have all now been merged into the main site and the beta site is now looking at the main database. The codes and locations have not yet been updated, but on the airport information page and on the VA airports page you can see those airports whose codes will change and how far the airport will be moving.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon May 22, 2017 10:04 am

joefremont wrote:I was doing some work on this today, there are about 450 airport where the FSX location and the Ourairports location is between 1-10 nm of each other. KSGU is in that list at 5.15 nm. If others are willing to help I could create a google doc with those airports in it and whoever is willing can go through the list and determine if its a new airport or the same airport.
I am happy and can help with Australian Airports if you need me to.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue May 23, 2017 12:43 am

Please go to this page and mark any airports that are problems.

https://fsairlines.net/crewcenter/?status=port_diff

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Sat May 27, 2017 5:59 am

Joe

Airport List Diff
Sorry, you are not allowed to visit this page!

:(((

Paul

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:26 pm

This change is now applied, actually I applied it a couple days ago, just a couple complaints so far which we are working through.

ACV
Ticket Agent

Post by ACV » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:00 am

Hi everyone.

I take this post to inform you that in the list of Airports in Cape Verde, Praia International Airport has the Icao code GVFM. In fact, FM was assigned to Francisco Mendes aerodrome, now completely deactivated. Praia International Airport has the Icao code GVNP, and named Nelson Mandela Int'l .
Also, Mosteiros Airport and Agostinho Neto Airport are totally disabled.
Is it possible to make the change in your database? We could not assign routes to this airport.
To finish and just for information, Amilcar Cabral International Airport, GVAC, went from two to a one single runway, having deactivated rwy 07/21.
Last edited by ACV on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards
Figueiredo
ACV CEO

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Unfortunately the world the vast majority of us fly in is the world defined by Microsoft in FSX and in that world the airport has the code GVFM. We tried updating codes but it just became a mess. Even the latest P3D V4 has not updated it. So the policy we adopted is that if the airport exists in FSX we use the code defined there, no exceptions. Airport names we can update. Adding runways is something we have done but should think about, for the average pilot using FSX what would be the best experience

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Sounds like a big task fixing the data base.

I haven't checked all, but I had one airport get changed for no reason. That was Glacier Park Interaction KFCA (KGPI), it was changed to a near by grass field.

Most of the rest have been alright, at least the ones I've checked.

Anyway... thanks for all the hard work. If I find any that needs to be fixed, I will let you know.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 am

wings138 wrote:
I haven't checked all, but I had one airport get changed for no reason. That was Glacier Park Interaction KFCA (KGPI), it was changed to a near by grass field.

Anyway... thanks for all the hard work. If I find any that needs to be fixed, I will let you know.
Not sure what happened there but will look into it as soon as I can.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm

joefremont wrote:
wings138 wrote:

Not sure what happened there but will look into it as soon as I can.
I double checked this. Glacier Park International Airport exists in FSX as KFCA, therefore that is the code we use for that airport, so the current value is correct.