Tracker v2.2.0.b8

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MikeC
Ticket Agent

Tracker v2.2.0.b8

Post by MikeC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:41 pm

A couple of observations regarding b8 and X Plane 10:

The Client shows the nav light being true regardless of the cockpit nav switch position. Conversely the plugin always shows the nav light as being false. These statements are true for the 4 aircraft I have been able to check so far.

These are by no means show stoppers and it is good to be able to use the 64bit version of X plane with FSA. Thanks Joe.

MikeC

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Tracker v2.2.0.b8

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:33 am

Good to hear your using the new plugin, I will see if I can fix that issue. As for the nav lights in general, there are three lights that we are considering as nav lights, the beacon, the strobe and the actual nav lights, not every aircraft has all three but they do have at least one, so if any is on the nav lights should be considered on.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

desmo
Ticket Agent

Post by desmo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Confirm! When i use plugin with JAR A320neo with all lights on - plugin show that NAV lights state false and i become panalty. When i Start Client (beta8) - NAV lights state in it is correct - true.

Tested with X-Plane 11 pb15.

2. When i open plugin and will change options (e.g. disable panaltys or simple fuel method), press SAVE - game crash to desktop.
The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Used the new Beta client twice, both times it reported the aircraft as having landed overweight, despite the fact that it (HS Trident 3) was about eight Tonnes below MLW.
It recorded a penalty, but the penalty was zero.

Tried the "high speed authorised" button, it gave me a -5 penalty just for clicking the button, is this right?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 pm

AdySmith wrote:Used the new Beta client twice, both times it reported the aircraft as having landed overweight, despite the fact that it (HS Trident 3) was about eight Tonnes below MLW.
It recorded a penalty, but the penalty was zero.

Tried the "high speed authorised" button, it gave me a -5 penalty just for clicking the button, is this right?
Hi Andy,

With the landing weight we are considering it a 'warning' rather than a penalty so there is no deduction in rating. There are too many complications in getting the payload in the sim to match what what is loaded in the flight. For this we know how much payload should be on the AC and what its empty weight is, we add the fuel to that and if your above the limit it gets reported. Its possible the MLW in the database is incorrect for the trident, if you have time could you verify that.

For the 'High Speed Approved' button, we do reduce the rating by 5% to prevent overuse by those who just want to avoid the penalty. BTW for heavy jets we have raised the speed limit to 300 for the first 15 minutes of the flight.

More information about the penalty updates in the beta can be found here: https://forum.fsairlines.net/viewtopic. ... =15#p43546

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:54 am

Thanks for the info Joe.

The one minute trigger for speed exceedance is brilliant, as is the Heavy Jet allowance.

I would be happy to help out with a MLW database if you can point me in the right direction to assist you.

For the HS Trident 3 MLW is 58,300 Kg (128530 Lb)

Adrian (Ady)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:20 pm

The aircraft database can be found in the website under Database -> Aircraft types or with this link.
https://fsairlines.net/crewcenter/index ... b_ac_types

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am

I looked at the airlines database, unfortunately the Tridents are "admin edit only" so I can't do anything about the very low max landing weight :(

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I turned off 'admin only' on the tridents. John must have locked them.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Client 2.2.0.b9, can the altitude (height?) for the landing light penalty please be reduced.

Numerous approach procedures (in UK especially) start overhead the aerodrome at 2000 or 3000 feet altitude hence one is within five miles below 5,000 fifteen minutes before landing.

1,500 altitude, or absolute tops 2,000 would work far better.

Ady

P.S. the website shows latest stable version as V2.1.0

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I have been updating this for the upcoming RC1, I am going to revert the landing light hight back to 1000ft instead of 5k just to keep things simple. Will write up a full description when its ready.

Yes, the latest stable is 2.1.0 and as soon as I get a final release of 2.2 it will become the stable.

I was working on it over the weekend but one problem I am having still the mac client, I have said I was not going to release it with 2.2 and that's still true, but I have not completely given up on it. I will have to come up with a system so the few pilots who use 2.1 on OSX can continue while the rest of us move on to 2.2.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 am

OK thanks

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Post by savagegrave » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Good afternoon,

I know its been a awhile since this thread has been used, however I didnt really wish to reopen this can of worms in a new one.

Its also been a awhile since I've flown on FSA, due to my PC finally biting the dust, I am however back.

To cut a long story short, the wife and son went computer shopping, only to return home with a mac. Oh joys as Ive finally purchased x-plane 11.

Getting to the point, I was happy in knowing that FSA is supported loosely on Mac OSX but I can not figure out for the life of me how to get this baby up and going again.

I cant even get XPUIPC working let alone FSA client plugin.

Can anyone here confirm or explain if its even possible?

For the mean time I'll get some practise flights in while attempting IVAO's plugins (if there is one)......
visit Airnex homepage at http://www.airnexvirtual.co.uk (New :mrgreen: )

Image Image

Captain to First Officer -> "Did you close the doors or did I?" :mrgreen:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:53 am

first if using windows you should be using 2.2.0.rc3 rather that 2.2.0.b8. The prefered way to do it is with XPUIPC and the latest beta client, you can get more recent version of XPUIPC can be found from the link on our forum here:

https://forum.fsairlines.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9287

If you are using Mac/OSX there is a native plugin for version 2.1.0 but its only 32 bit and will probably not work with XP10/XP11, I have tried re-compiling it for 64 bit but so far its proved to be beyond by ability.