Client Beta 2.2.0

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client Beta 2.2.0

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Taran wrote:It also appears that it is not penalizing me for landing lights on above 10K or off below 10K?
It now only penalises you if you above 10k if you have them on for more than 15 minutes.
Below 10k it penalizes you if:
Your within 5nm of your departure, below 1k with landing gear down or
Within 5nm of your arrival and below 5k.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Taran
Ticket Agent

Post by Taran » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:12 pm

How about the tracking? i'm not showing on the map at all and it's only showing me as i have a flight booked and not enroute.????

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 am

Just uploaded B7. Still can't get the plugins to work so don't know when the final release will be ready. There is a bug a few pilots have reported where after the flight the repair status on the aircraft goes from 100% to 33% on single engine aircraft, it it happens please email is the debug file from your Documents\FSAirlines folder.

Flight_Engineer
Rampie

Post by Flight_Engineer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello,

I am using Beta Client v2.2.0.b7 and I noticed that the client crashes when it loses internet connection. On several occasions I lost internet connection for just a minute (probably due to my router self-resetting) but the client crash is just a matter of seconds later. This does not happen with the stable version.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 am

Flight_Engineer wrote:Hello,

I am using Beta Client v2.2.0.b7 and I noticed that the client crashes when it loses internet connection. On several occasions I lost internet connection for just a minute (probably due to my router self-resetting) but the client crash is just a matter of seconds later. This does not happen with the stable version.
Thanks for reporting that, I think I found the problem and a fix will be in the next release.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:46 am

Just uploaded Beta 8!

Biggest thing here is I have the 64-bit X-Plane plug-in working for Windows!
Also fixed some issues with cheat detection, a couple issues that caused false cheats with FSLabs aircraft and try to close one recently discovered hack.
Couple other minor bugs fixed.

Next, OSX/Linux builds for X-Plane.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:10 am

I was just reading the modifications to the client and I will need to stress that i am not happy about the hard landing issue. In one of my previous posts on this subject I mentioned that dependent on frame rates, making a hard landing is at times inevitable due to viewing as low as 5 frames at some larger even default Airports. As I understand these penalties can be over ridden but gaining a 10% penalty. This is very unfair for those of us who do not have the finances to acquire high end computers. For me at least, it is the fun of flying with a Virtual Airline and unless this penalty can be either imposed in conjunction with consideration of frame rates or deleted altogether, the fun aspect of flying on a client will be compromised. In the interim, I am hoping that the current client V1.10 or whatever it was prior to this new one will continue to work hence offering a choice?

IMO the parking brake penalty should still apply.

Keep up the great work

Paul S CEO FSVA

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 am

Hi Paul,

I don't wan't you to stress over these things too much. And for your information I looked over your recent flights and there is only one I saw that had a VS greater than 500 fps and that was over a year ago. Once the new beta becomes the stable release you won't be able to use 2.1 anymore, and right now its until I figure out how to do the linux and OSX builds of the x-plane plugin that is holding it up. I have gotten complains because pilots using the new beta are getting penalties that those using the stable are not getting, but then they forget that there are other penalties they don't get. They are usually satisfied when I tell them that some day soon(ish) everyone will be on the same level again.

Of course you can always ask for a flight to be reviewed if you dispute a penalty and we rarely say no.

Over the last 6 months about 9.06% of all flights had a VS >= 500. We could conceivably increase it to 600 where 5.86% had a VS greater. but not more than that, when on autopilot with approach lock turned on you usually descend at about 700 fpm and slamming into the deck at that speed will cause lots of injuries amongst your virtual passengers.

sa2016dm
Rampie

Post by sa2016dm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:05 am

joefremont wrote:Once the new beta becomes the stable release you won't be able to use 2.1 anymore, and right now its until I figure out how to do the linux and OSX builds of the x-plane plugin that is holding it up.
Is there any news on the Linux X-plane plugin? It would be so great to do FSA flights on Linux.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 am

I have spent my last two weekends trying to get the X-Plane plugin to work on OSX and have not had any success. I can get the source to build but can't get XP10 or XP11 to recognise it, and the version I am building on the more modern version of XCode 8 crashes XP9 so for now I think I am going to suspend work on it and proceed with getting 2.2.0 releasable without it. This does mean the one person who uses the Mac version may be out of luck if I cant find a work around.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 21, 2017 1:36 am

Beta 9 is now released. Improved X-Plane support, Improved Internet connectivity. Added support for aircraft rentals (more on that in another thread).

This will be the last beta, if for no other reason that the code that detects you need to update your version does a string compare and v2.2.0.b10 would not be greater than 2.2.0.b9.

Right now I think we are code complete for 2.2.0 stable. If everything goes well RC1 will be out in a couple weeks.