Server and Airport Upgrade

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Server and Airport Upgrade

Post by joefremont » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 am

I just finished upgrading to a new server, updated database and server software.

I also updated the airport database almost from scratch. I started with the public database from OurAirports.com and combined with it data extracted from fsx, p3d, x-plane 10 and several other MS based flight simulators. Making sure to keep all of the airports that had been used previously.

Also extracted as part of this is a list of frequencies and runways along with it, updating the pre-flight reports to show the database. The codes for all the different simulators is saved, you can set your preference on your edit profile page and it will show the code for that simulator on the preflight report.

It's a work in progress but I think it's in a usable state.

I have not quite gotten a new editor for it so that will have to come later, if you notice any bugs post here or submit a support ticket.

Happy Flying.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Matthew
Captain

Re: Server and Airport Upgrade

Post by Matthew » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:49 am

Hi, When you look at the airport database it shows them in the wrong places. I.e London gatwick is in Turkmenistan, Malaga is in Turkey? and Malaga is now called Mlaga

bbugday
Ticket Agent

Post by bbugday » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 am

Airports show 0 passengers as well.
As a result we can't get pax on flights.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Sorry about those problems. I believe I have corrected both the map and the population/pax waiting bugs already. Forgot to turn on the update scripts on the new server when I switched, better turn them off on the old ones so we don't send out duplicate notifications.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:49 pm

I have one request if it is possible to do. On the preflight briefing it has always showed all numbers in metric regardless of the setting in the profile. Could you please have it show imperial (i.e. pounds) when pounds are selected in the profile? I have always printed this page out and it would help me set up for flights a lot faster. Thank you.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:26 pm

that should probably not take too long to do.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:48 pm

I have one pilot that hasn't flown in a while. It is because the FSAirlines client isn't compatible with the new XPlane. I know he is running on a Apple Mac. I wanted to let you know, because there is probably a lot of people that are buying the new x-plane that would probably like to fly.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 pm

There is a program called XPUIPC that is compatible x-plane replacement for FSUIPC and allows our client to work with XP10 on windows, I realise this is not a solution for the Mac or Linux but its the best we have for now. At some point I need to work on getting a 64bit client that works with X-Plane but alas there are so many projects to do.

But I am doing some work on the client and managed to get a PC version build out on beta so there is hope.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:44 am

joefremont wrote:There is a program called XPUIPC that is compatible x-plane replacement for FSUIPC and allows our client to work with XP10 on windows, I realise this is not a solution for the Mac or Linux but its the best we have for now. At some point I need to work on getting a 64bit client that works with X-Plane but alas there are so many projects to do.

But I am doing some work on the client and managed to get a PC version build out on beta so there is hope.
I will pass this along and see if I can get him flying again soon. Thanks for all your hard work. And thanks for getting the weights in pounds for us lazy americans.. hehehe

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:06 pm

For X-Plane 10 be sure to use the beta client v2.2.0b2 or later instead of v2.1.0 as I have fixed a bug regarding the speed penalty below 10 k

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:35 pm

I will pass that along, thank you.

Hajo_W
Ticket Agent

Post by Hajo_W » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Hello,

There seems to have been an issue with non-ASCII charachters which haven't made it to the FSA database.
For example, Wrocław becomes Wrocaw. Málaga becomes Mlaga.
Can this be fixed? It's not the biggest issue in the world but it leaves a bit of a shabby look.
Furthermore, all browsers (Chrome and Edge tested) declared some scripts on the site as suspicious. This leads to a different font, other functions are working normally.
Besides this, I am very satisfied with the developments which have been going on on FSA for some time, keep up the good work.

Greetings from The Netherlands

Hajo Winia
European United Airline
DEU-079

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 am

I am working on the non-ASCII character problem, but the different puzzle pieces I am working with don't seem to want to fit together, character conversion issues are fighting me with differences between ascii/utf8/unicode and talking to the mysql database are causing problems. Once I figure it out it will be updated.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Success! Finally found a way to update non latin characters so they show correctly. Let me know if you see any problems.

Hajo_W
Ticket Agent

Post by Hajo_W » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Yes, I saw It!
Great stuff, well done.

gr Hajo