Flight Attendant

Looks Like We Are Back In Business !

Post by PCD001 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:39 am

Look at the home page :- http://www.fsairlines.net/

From that page

News
FSAirlines - a fresh new start!

Hello to all Pilots and Virtual Airline Managers,
as you might have experienced in the last few months we, the FSAirlines Team, did not manage to provide the support & communication that we would have liked to.

This was due to all of us starting new jobs in our "real lives", which took up the time we would have needed for our daily FSAirlines tasks.
Although it is not an easy task to run a big platform like FSAirlines in part-time, we still love our virtual airline manager and are planning to make it a lot more awesome in the future!
FSAirlines is far from dead!

We are glad to announce our measures which we are going to set in place in the coming weeks in order to improve the overall quality & user-experience of FSAirlines ....... . . . . .
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Skids
Ticket Agent

Re: Looks Like We Are Back In Business !

Post by Skids » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:10 am

Well it seems that the web page may have been updated which looked promising but as far as any other replies or actions from staff is another thing. We are all saying the same thing and unfortunately for the developers whether they have real life work commitments or not, we are PAYING for this service!!!
Yes we are well aware that the FS staff and moderators see to issues when they can and I appreciate their efforts, however;

Sure the costs may be going to the servers to host the page and forums etc. but we still need our business seen to. Support tickets raised and not answered in months ??? Sorry but not good enough !!!

I/We have seriously considered moving on and giving giving FS Airlines the flick however with our current assets it would mean starting again elsewhere.

This of course is an option if FS Airlines do not come to the party and get these things sorted.

We have also lost much interest from pilots who are sick and tired of not getting replies to questions or support tickets. Pilots who need their profile re activated.

Yes those of us who are left do enjoy the Virtual Airline theme but fuses are shortening very quickly. Either FS Airlines gets its act together or somehow compensates its long term users with free membership or refunds.

This may be just a Virtual Airline service non the less it is a service that is PAID for by its users. Sorry to say under consumer laws it has to provide that service as it IS taking money from its members. I should hope that we need never go down that track but the fact still remains that it can be open to legal ramifications irrespective of what the conditions may imply.

I hope this is sorted soon

Paul CEO
Flight Simulator Virtual Airline

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 am

Well, I'm still skeptical of FS Airlines, but there is more doom on the horizon for this service.

I understand having a job that takes all your free time, as I have right now, I work in the Seafood Industry in Alaska, USA. We end up working like 16 hour days back to back. Last summer it was 8 solid weeks of 16 hour days. So I know how work can take your time.

I've looked into the only other system that works like this VA Financials. It's a good system, but like this needs a lot more attention. Both Systems have there good things and bad points. VA Financials allows you to set Hubs, Hub Managers, deal with Fuel Hedging, things like that. But the client is very heavy to a system that has to run FS. Plus they have no direct X-Plane support.

But on the horizon is Rex. Yes, years in the making and soon to be released, a new system you pay for once, and have the choice of being just a pilot, or running your own airline. No more monthly or yearly fee. Total interaction, like FS Airlines, there is other airlines competing for the same routes, etc. I feel once this is released that sites like FS Airlines and VA Financials will die a sudden death if they don't do something to make there system a lot better.

I want to say one thing, I would consider staying with FS Airlines as it is free for my pilots, if you guys would get on the ball, fix your email system, and support system. Not a lot of effort, just get it done... or you will not like it when Rex Sim Air comes out.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:32 pm

I don't blame you for being skeptical, like the other FSA dev's I had allowed outside life distract me from this site. I came back a few weeks ago to discover that no admin activity had been done for several months by anybody. Since then I have been trying by best to get things back on track. Since then I have gotten the wiki back on line, all the flagged flights have been reviewed, all the requested airline name change and aircraft edits have been reviewed.

I am trying to get a handle on the support tickets, I have closed all that are more than two months old and am trying to answer the remaining. If I closed a support ticket that you still need resolved just reply to it and it will re-open. Off all the activities the admins do the support tickets take the most time and therefore are most likely to be neglected. I have only a limited amount of time to work on this site with my job and family commitments so please be patient.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:06 am

Greetings Joe,
I have copied and pasted a support ticket that was sent some time ago and would have been one that had been closed by you.

Brothers Nicholas Howard FSN179 and Castiel Howard FSV001, have been unable to log on to the FSAirlines site for some time now due to their lack of suitable and reliable internet. This unfortunately resulted in their deactivation. I fully understand that this is an issue that you can not control so I ask if you would mind re activating them both once again and see how they go in the future?

Also Adrian Redman FSN124 and Andre Moss FSN183 have been sending in tickets and messages to get re activated.

I have not seen or heard from these 4 pilots in a while as it seems that they may have given up on any response from FS Airlines staff but I still have contact details.

The lack of support from your admins seems to have caused a loss of many pilots from VA's who as mine have, have given up and gone to other tracking client web sites.

I understand and appreciate your real lives and feel for you with all these issues left to you to sort out. Where are the actual developers?

In out Airline overview all the System statistics just come up with "Array". what does this mean ??

Regards and welcome back, we just hope that further support will continue.

Paul S CEO Flight Simulator Virtual Airline

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 am

I just reactivated all four of them.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:31 am

Hiya Joe and thanks for re activating those four pilots.

The next issue when you can get around to it and if you are able is to look at the FS Airlines main web page "Crew Center". Three things that need attention are, firstly the system statistics section where the reference "Array" is showing on all of the Booked flights, currently flying etc.

Secondly when looking at the overview page, all references to the pilots status are black. Usually they are red , green or yellow to indicate statuses.

Thirdly, a minor error is when a flight is booked we go to the details screen or "next" where we can select flight briefing. passenger list etc. the passenger list text is left justified where it is normally center with the other options.

I know and understand that you are very busy trying to correct and fix all the current issues that have been neglected so I appreciate and again thank you for your time and effort.

Paul S CEO Flight Simulator Virtual Airline ( FSVA )

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Nice one Joe.It appears you have got the flight activity graphs working on the google browser,also the graphs which show the flight progress.
Stan
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:58 am

Hi Stan, Thanks for the compliment. Yes I have slowly been trying to get things back in shape. Just today I finally found a security bug I had been looking for some time in the Trial account system. Don't want to give too many details on that because I am very interested in who is going to squawk about it first.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:48 am

It has been looking good so far, the updates to the site that is.

I'm still seeing a duplicate Pilot ID on profiles.

My PID PIN1500

Other wise, looking over the updates on the new beta page everything else looks great.

On question I was wondering, if you have thought of a SimBrief interface? I was just reading up on the two methods and thought that it could be offered as a link under Show PDF on the preflight briefing page. It would be one more step to making this a little more real?

Thanks for hearing us and coming back to the service of us.