ASSIMILTAION OF AIRPORTS IN A COUNTRY

Please report Bugs and Problems here
FR1257
Ticket Agent

ASSIMILTAION OF AIRPORTS IN A COUNTRY

Post by FR1257 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm

I am currently wandering around the Pacific ocean in my B757. I wanted to include Kiribati, but the only airport available listed under "Kiribati" is Tabiteuea North, a small airport with a runway of 3400 feet. However, after a bit of rummaging around in the indexes I discovered "Republic of Kiribati", which gave me two further airports, one of which is long enough to take my B757. I realize that the database is massive, but if we (the consumers) point out anomalies to you (the organizers) would you be happy to change the content of the databases as and when.

Best regards

FR1257

MMattyK
Captain

Re: ASSIMILTAION OF AIRPORTS IN A COUNTRY

Post by MMattyK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Hiya Buddy :)

I'm not sure of the current situation, but in the past, available airports were limited to those listed in FS9... and ICAO changes were done so that thew new ICAO was added, and the 'old' one retained too

FR1257
Ticket Agent

Post by FR1257 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Hiya Buddy :)

I'm not sure of the current situation, but in the past, available airports were limited to those listed in FS9... and ICAO changes were done so that thew new ICAO was added, and the 'old' one retained too.

Thanks for that, Matty. However this is not the problem. I currently have a flight booked to ANYN (FSX) but FS9 and FSAirlines has it as ANAU. Apparently, the coordinates upon landing decide whether the airport is the correct one in the FSAirlines (FSA) flight plan.

On the other hand, if you look in the Database "Airports" section on the home page of FSA, you will find that there is one airport (NGTE) under Kiribati. However, under "Republic of Kiribati" there are a further two airports. (NGTA & NGTU)

Similarly, there are three entries for Turks and Caicos each containing different airports under each entry. My point is simply that all airports proper to one country should be listed in a single entry.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Bigdog2995
Ticket Agent

Post by Bigdog2995 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 am

not sure if you noticed .... FSA is DEAD :(
No more support and soon all users will die out as there is no need to pay for anything like this as it will all be a thing of the past soon.
It was the best in the day but .... the only thing keeping it going is the users and when everyone cracks it........ GONE! give up on fsx and use PR3PARED.... you might get some support there.
spent over $200 already on fsa .. no more for me.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Bigdog2995 wrote:not sure if you noticed .... FSA is DEAD :(
No more support and soon all users will die out as there is no need to pay for anything like this as it will all be a thing of the past soon.
It was the best in the day but .... the only thing keeping it going is the users and when everyone cracks it........ GONE! give up on fsx and use PR3PARED.... you might get some support there.
spent over $200 already on fsa .. no more for me.

That's pretty heavy. Of course that is from some one that doesn't know of the people still using FS9 and older.

FSX is not dieing yet, as there are still people buying it. check out FS Pilot Shop, it will show up on the top 10 list many times. As for Prepar3d, go jump into it, but don't look for everything to just work with it. There are some things that go just fine, but many people are finding that there favorite product or device isn't working with it.

Besides, until it's all fully out and everything works with it, most people are not going to get a new FS, it will only be the few that deside they have to be the first.