IATO codes taken away?

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FstSgt
Ticket Agent

IATO codes taken away?

Post by FstSgt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Been getting notes the last few days from some new airline saying they are approved for the AJA IATO code we use and have been using for some time as our airline has a good size fleet and 2.8 billion in the bank. He tells me his Airline was approved to have AJA and we need to change ours. I posted a request to support on the 1st and have heard nothing. The guy keeps sending me notes so i did as he said and requested a new airline name and code. XYZ Airlines. I will have to repaint the entire fleet. I didnt see he even has airplanes yet. THIS is insane.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: IATO codes taken away?

Post by alasizon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 am

The ICAO codes that you are assigned is unique to you and would not be assigned to another airline unless your airline was defunct.

It appears this guy was just trying to get the code from you.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

FstSgt
Ticket Agent

Post by FstSgt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 am

removed by poster. my apologies
Last edited by FstSgt on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 am

It is FSA policy to not disclose message and users names when referring to an incident, copy and paste the message in your already existing Support Ticket and Konny, Claudio or Joe will get back to you regarding the issue.

Additionally, note that just because a member creates a VA, doesn't meant they have any more permissions than you. The codes are issued on a first-come, first serve basis.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin