Lock flights to operation days

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Lock flights to operation days

Post by Vasco Troni » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Greetings all.

Whenever I introduce a new flight, there is an option to set on wich days that flight operates, but I know that this has no effect on the flight booking since I can book any flight on any day disregarding the previously set operation days.

I was wondering if there is any chance that flights could be locked and could only be booked and flown on the operation days set on its schedule, and since this option could mess with several VA's policies, at least make it available as an option for the VA management?

Best regards,
Vasco.

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Re: Lock flights to operation days

Post by Vasco Troni » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 pm

I was thinking in the logic needed to program this feature and I reminded that when someone books a flight, the booking lasts 24h, after wich the booking is canceled.

To lock operating days, it was needed another logic to make it work: when an airline has enabled the option to lock flight operating days, bookings should expire at 2359z of that day, instead of expiring after 24h. Besides, this was -in my opinion- how it should be always, since all FSA system works on zulu time 8)

Some lines on the PHP and one extra column on the sql table should do this trick, as far as I concern. I believe there should be no need to change the client as long as the booked flight status is kept on the servers :wink:

Just my grain of sand... :wink:

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Post by Vasco Troni » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm sorry about the multiple posts on this, but I'm having a logic-brainstorming... :mrgreen:

Another option is to set the "Lock operating days" option on the flight properties. When inserting a flight to the system, insert an option near the operating days with a checkbox. Whenever that checkbox is ticked, that flight will only be available on the selected days, and its booking will expire at 2359z of that same day, all under zulu time.

Maybe this is easier and more flexible, I believe.

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Post by Vasco Troni » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Is there any chance this matter could see daylight some day?

Best regards,
Vasco.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I actually like this idea very much, maybe we can work on that in the next time, but no guarantees.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Post by Vasco Troni » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Konny, thank you for paying attention to this.

This item would severely enhance the realism of flight operations for those who -like me- really care to make it as real as possible. And the fact that it is an optional item, it would not mess with current booking system for other companies who do not wish to lock flights to operating days.

Also, as far as I concern, as bonus you wouldn't have to make any changes on the client. :mrgreen:

After the seating maps, I believe this should be the next great step on the FSAirlines system to take it into a higher level of realism for those who wish it that way, respecting those who prefer to remain as before! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
V.