SAR Helicopters

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

gavilan
Ticket Agent

SAR Helicopters

Post by gavilan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi
I have a friend who wants to create a Virtual SAR helicopter fleet (based on an existing real-word one), and he wonders if he could use FS Airlines in any way that allows him to manage his helo fleet, and pilots.

He wants to reproduce the real fleet with the real register numbers, and have logbooks for all of them, as well as his pilots, wants to manage helo maintanaince, in order minimize incidents in flight (which could occur), by the way all these features that FsAirlines offer

Although I know, FSAirlines is commercial-aviation oriented, is there any chance to adapt, or use FSAirlines in a way, not oriented to passengers transport, but in other air operation like helo SAR?

Thank you in advance
Carmelo Toledo
Callsigns: AHS862C // AYC1040 // GAVILÁN

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: SAR Helicopters

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:59 am

Not really since those kinds of operations involve landing at non-airports and/or originating and arriving at the same airport. It also requires that you have some sort of revenue as if you run a negative balance, you'll not be able to buy more aircraft and when you're departing and arriving at the same airport on a "booked" flight, there are fewer passengers given at a much lower rate, making it nearly impossible to even break even on the operation.

gavilan
Ticket Agent

Post by gavilan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 am

Thank you for te answer.
Then, as you explain, there's no way to use FsAirlines for such kind of operations. Really a shame, since FsAirlines has all the features than allow the fleet/crew management.

Does anybody know if there's any software which can accomplish this goal? I mean, same features as FSAirlines, but adapted for operation which not involved revenues based on passanger transport, but in, for example, successful missions, or something like that, or which no not use the "revenue" variable?

Thank you
Carmelo Toledo
Callsigns: AHS862C // AYC1040 // GAVILÁN

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 pm

The only thing I can think of that might give most of what he's looking for is FSACARS.