New Hubs and routes

Serving Europe from the home of the European Union

Moderator: MMattyK

MMattyK
Captain

New Hubs and routes

Post by MMattyK » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 pm

We are pleased to announce that we are preparing a new hub in the USA which should be ready for use early in the New Year.
The hub will be based in Lincon, Nebraska and will link all the state capitals of the USA. Access to the routes from Europe (Brussels) will be via both Atlanta and Boston respectively.

MMattyK
Captain

Re: New Hubs and routes

Post by MMattyK » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 pm

A second new european hub in Athens has been set up, using actual aircraft types and routes.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

It's an old Hub, but Fabio has been busy with his hub in Kinshasa and has many more routes available.

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 am

Nebraska sounds pretty good as it's somewhere in the middle of the States, however, Lincoln Airport have very minimal flights. Central Nebraska Regional Airport or KGRI could potentially be a better hub given that it has more traffic. thoughts?

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I set that hub up some ago as it was central USA which made routing to all the state capitals fairly consistant for ranges, and it also has a very long runway for departure purposes (some of the state capital airports have some regional airport length runways, so be careful what you choose to fly to get to destinations.
Passenger traffic at the moment is good as we seem to be the only airline operating from there, so passenger flights always full, and I suspect freight would be adequate too, with over 10.5K pax waiting.
If you want to sort a second hub or move the current hub feel free, but dont forget to update the flight plans :)

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:01 pm

There has been a new 'mini' hub set up for Boeing 757-300 flying out of Malta, with a few routes to the Russian Federation areas (malta is a popular destination with the russian federation populous) and to some other countries and either end of the med, as well as connecting routes to other hubs

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:31 am

Started setting up a new hub in South America, using Sata Cruz (SLVR) in Bolivia as base. Initially planning 3 routes from this base to each South American and Central American (mainland) country, and perhaps Miami as as staging (linking) stopover to get to our North American base in Nebraska.
First 3 routes to Argentina set-up and ready to be flown. :D

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:55 pm

South American hub update. Internal Bolivian flights now set up as are flights to Brazil and Chile :D

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Columbian routes from our South American hub have been added

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:13 pm

I'm back after a substantial absence, and like a number of the new features, although I have lost a lot of my airlines budget whilst I've been away.

Getting back into the swing of things with my trusty FS9 and windows XP after having to do a complete rebuild of my software after a disk crash :(
Also having to restart my FSP career from scratch... still it's only time

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 pm

MMattyK wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:13 pm
I'm back after a substantial absence, and like a number of the new features, although I have lost a lot of my airlines budget whilst I've been away.

Getting back into the swing of things with my trusty FS9 and windows XP after having to do a complete rebuild of my software after a disk crash :(
Also having to restart my FSP career from scratch... still it's only time
Welcome Back Mat! I am so glad to see you here again.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Time for a change of scenery...
I've been flying around Europe for some months now, so going to check in to the North American Hub in Lincoln Nebraska for a couple of months before moving on again :)

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:33 am

Don't forget to check out Niagara Falls when you are in the area. Lots of interesting sounding airports in the general area too. Cedar Rapids and Thunder Bay spring to mind. Lots of major cities accessible too. Enjoy.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Hiya,

I had set up a challenge between Angel Falls, to Victoria Falls, via Niagara Falls in a Cessna Caravan (which I've done both ways incidentally) obviously using multiple hops; the most difficult being the one on the way to the Greenland stop-over.
Takes some time to do, but fun in real weather, real time nonetheless.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:59 pm

Wow,
Loved the scenery when flying to Juneau (PAJN), but getting a A321-200 in was somewhat tricky with the prevailing conditions.
If anyone is interested in flying in the area, it would seem to have some great fun legs to fly... challenging too :)