15nm flights an225

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ozzy
Ticket Agent

Re: 15nm flights an225

Post by Ozzy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:41 am

Can Admin state which is the fairest stat to show the overall performance of your airline .... and can we have that page set as the "Default" page that comes up after clicking the stats link

thxs
ImageImage

BVU-069
Ticket Agent

Post by BVU-069 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Stan

If you like some help with Flying and not get lost on the way, Just ask some help on how to use your GPS in your AN225 and maybe you will fly a 1000 or 2000nm flights.And fly the correct way in life like the BIG Boys in our skies and not flying at x16 flights. :wink:

Regards BVU-069 - Paul N
Regards BVG069-Paul N

https://www.abvg.co.uk/

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:14 pm

I wonder if they fly real weather and 100% virtual traffic... probably not, but even so, why waste time, effort, energy and getting stressed about awards? Are you not flying for fun and enjoyment? Sure it's nice to see your airline occaisonally getting into the top 20 now and again, but it's no big deal.
I'd prefer to see a list of most completed successful routes where client faults have been active during the flight...

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:44 am

As i have already said in another post i started doing 15nm flights in responce to another airline flying 21nm flights and so i think this thread should be closed.
Yours Stan

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 am

I will agree with MMatyK for his views about flying for fun and enjoyment but not everybody thinks this way. Neither those who "waste their time" flying those 15nm at 16x using gigantic aircrafts, nore those who "waist their time" constantly pointing and criticising them. Admit it guys, both want to be on top. Only the means differ. This is not bad, everyone is here for his own reasons but think twice: both sides are stressed. Apart from this competetive point of view why should anyone care about how realistic or how large is the other VA-guy? Isn't enough to have a good time?
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Regarding the reliability of the stats page. We try to divide all the results by the maximum used simulation rate where possible to make the stats as meaningful as possible.
If you want to know which of the statistics are affected, please have a look at our wiki:
http://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/Statistics

"adjusted by simulation rate" means that each flight's result is divided by the max used simrate.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 am

Gentlemen, I apologise apriori for the length of my message but here are my views on the famous and infamous simrate arguement, which is as old here as these forums.

FS realism dictates 1x max simrate, I agree. Don't forget though that except "FS realism" there is also "Real-life realism". There are people with lack of spare time, yet wanting to fly that B747, or land to that distant exotic island. As CEOs, we try to make our VAs attractive to potential pilots without losing them. The only way to target to both groups is to compromise. The only way to maintain FS realism, respecting Real-life realism is to compromise and compromising is never perfect. You sacrifice something to get something else. The portions of the two pies is up to you but the total is 100%. You cannot have 100% from both.

What I do in my VA is the following:
I have divided my flights to 3 groups based on the flight duration:
1. Up to 4 hours (max simrate 1x)
2. 4 to 8 hours (max simrate 2x)
3. More than 8 hours (max simrate 4x)

I think is a reasonable compromisation. The hardcore guys can leave the simrate untouched. The rest can use any simrate up to the maximum allowed, if and when they want. This way everyone is happy except, maybe, the 16x guys but I believe that's not flying. If you ask me what I would do if I had 10 pilots requesting 16x, I say I would set it all to 16x and I would follow myself the above scheme of 3 categories, or just the 1x when I have the time and the mood.
So, don't be too much bothered when you see people flying 10 routes at 16x every day. Statistics are only numbers, balances and awards are virtual. Only real life is real and the enjoyment we get from a virtual world. If you are angry all the time you lose that enjoyment. Be and let them be.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines