15nm flights an225

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

naquadria
Ticket Agent

15nm flights an225

Post by naquadria » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:09 am

Dose anyone else think its wrong to do 15nm mile flights in an an225 all day long just to get your airline on the top of the stats list in payload when the rest of us are doing it the right way, ok may not be doing anything wrong but i feel its cheating the system and maybe an admin should take a look.

pete
Ticket Agent

Re: 15nm flights an225

Post by pete » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am

Yep we Had this sometime ago with another VA thay were doing short haul flights at 16 speed just to get to the top of the states page..but 15nm in an antonove 225 is really sad...personally i could not scoop that low...

just like i could not, and wont let any of my pilots fly at sim rates...

personally i would not feel like i have achieved anything if i had to do silly little flights like that just to get to the top of the stats page ...

Regards to all and happy flying..Pete

Ozzy
Ticket Agent

Post by Ozzy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am

The management at our airline have voiced our opinion on this matter b4 and it fell on deaf ears as far as FSAirlines were concerned ....

When you look at the times of the flights, all you can say is get a life. this is only a hobby

All we ask for is that ANY SIM RATE FLIGHTS dont showup on the STATS page ... we have no problem with it going onto the Va's own page
ImageImage

dave0033
Ticket Agent

Post by dave0033 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 pm

As far as i`m concerned i would expect more from a Company CEO than to just blatently do 15m mile runs for the full day, don`t get me wrong when i say that yes a we may do short flights, but its the Amount of short flights and constant single airports is being carried out. We arn`t even breaking a sweat over the flights we do but it seems to be a personnel thing. All i can say is that if people wish to fly for an airline who, lets face it can only craftily jump his way to the top with 16 speed flights and 15 mile hops when i would be embarrassed to be associated with them.

Come on guys its a hobby game after all if you wana bend the rules then go play Call of Duty

Davey G

TFL ScoobyDrew
Ticket Agent

Post by TFL ScoobyDrew » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

what he is doing is called Boosting and on every game pc/console etc and regardless its cheating.. its not being done for the enjoyment of the game its done just to get there name at the top of the stats Down right cheating fs airlines should wipe his stats this 16 speed and 8 speed thing should also be addressed personally i think flights should not be recorded if they use this...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 pm

If he wants to fly all day doing 15 mile flights, that's the CEO's choice and that's how we've stood on it since the start. We don't have "deaf ears", we made the decision that it was too hard to get the system to tell the difference between a flight that's being done for "boosting" and one that's not and with the number of flights done every day, it's unreasonable for us to review every flight flown for this kind of stuff. The statistics already account for time acceleration (i.e. all stats are divided by the sim rate used), there is no bonus for using sim rates above 8x, and short flights don't have a full load of passengers available. Additionally, cargo rates are much lower for shorter flights (the way it works out, there is a "sweet spot" that maximizes profit).

So, for someone to decide they want to "boost" their numbers, they have to spend a ton of time additional to make the same amount of money and get the same stats as everyone else. Thus, if they want to waste their time doing it, our position has been that we're not going to stop them. It only makes them look bad to everyone else.

naquadria
Ticket Agent

Post by naquadria » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Capflyer i understand what your saying and yes if he wants to sit there all day taking off n landing then its upto him but we did a test and it dose pump up the cargo stats so its a sort of cheat of the system, surly the powers that be can make it so a large aircraft say 737 upwards are not able to do short flights say less than 50 miles as in real life there is no way you would get a an225 doing 15mile flight most airlines on here like to keep it as real as can be but sadly some only want to see there name on top of the stats list and as for the 16x flights do they really need to have them on here ok if u want a plane at a certian airport quickly then make it so when u transfer an aircraft its flown by the system at x16 not by the member

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 am

Well why not go the whole hog and have airlines that dont alter their "fuel flow scalars" to the recomended levels have the income from their flights reduced to what it would have been if the "fuel flow scalar" was at the recomended level.That way they would not keep getting flagged for suspicious fuel and it would save Admins having to keep looking at those flights.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:07 am

naquadria wrote:Capflyer i understand what your saying and yes if he wants to sit there all day taking off n landing then its upto him but we did a test and it dose pump up the cargo stats so its a sort of cheat of the system...
And it harms you how? Having "top stats" doesn't give him anything more than "bragging rights", but having gained them in a less than honest way that is not in the spirit of the community and hobby basically makes them meaningless to anyone but that person. So, instead of spending time fretting over the fact that someone else is being immature, why don't you guys be mature and just let them be idiots?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 am

Stan wrote:Well why not go the whole hog and have airlines that dont alter their "fuel flow scalars" to the recomended levels have the income from their flights reduced to what it would have been if the "fuel flow scalar" was at the recomended level.That way they would not keep getting flagged for suspicious fuel and it would save Admins having to keep looking at those flights.
Two different issues. If you don't change the fuel flow scalar and your fuel consumption isn't right, it does get marked, both the fuel usage and the revenue does get modified, and if it becomes a problem and they don't fix the issue, the admins start marking the flights as cheated until the pilot makes the modification. Fuel usage is something we can easily program parameters for and have. Joe spent a lot of time getting it right and has tweaked it several times. As a result, if anyone's fuel flow is out by any significant amount, they get tagged and they get punished.

dave0033
Ticket Agent

Post by dave0033 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 am

After some research and some trials it turns out that The Fuel scalar issue was not the problem at all, it was a simple fact of when using a PMDG aircraft which is fuelled differently, if you the use an Antonov on your next flight without first rebooting FSX for the changes to take effect then you do have a fuel usage problem. As when flying your fuel gauges dont work hence no fuel is being used for that flight.

This is why there are problems with fuel which is an MIcrosoft Glitch not FS airlines Client. Just thought i`d put this in to clear up your concern.

And on the other notes yes you are right in saying that you wouldn`t get Antonovs doing such insane routes. having worked alongside such Aircraft within my job In Iraq and Mod bases I more than most understand running costs per flight.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

Well, I wouldn't rule out using an An-225 on a short flight. It depends on what's being moved. When I was working as a flight follower for an operation using Convair 580's and 240's, we flew several payloads less than 50 miles because it was the only way to move them because the destination was on the other side of terrain that meant they couldn't move the equipment by land (one case was due to water and not having a suitable bridge, the other was due to turns that a rig couldn't navigate). I've heard of similar moves being made in the former Soviet Union using Il-76's and AN-124s for the same reasons. It's the short flight plus the volume of flights that makes the operations unrealistic and thus the subject of these threads.

naquadria
Ticket Agent

Post by naquadria » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

Stan the fuel side of things is a compleatly different subject im talking about abusing the system to get ahead on certian stats and using the x16 to bang in more flights ok there just stats and we know how there getting up doing it but still feel its wrong and needs addressing ok if an airline is at the top by flying the propper way and doing flights how there ment to be done then great hats off to them, but to see an airline baning 30+ 15nm flights in an an225 a day and most of there other flights are done at 16x speed sort of defeats the object of this sim were here to have fun fly together, competition between the airlines is great and im all for that but lets do it the right way.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:55 pm

Well OK,i wont do the 15nm flight any more,i will do Manchester/Liverpool instead.That flight should meet your approval as it is the one you guys have been flying in your AN225.
ps.Thats a whopping 21nm.
Yours Stan

naquadria
Ticket Agent

Post by naquadria » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Well i dont know what airline your looking for 21nm flights as its not on mine lol maybe someone else was doing it to prove it dose pump up your stats, surly if your serious about flying on a va then you would fly cuz what your doing is not classed as flying its a waste of time and your life doing the amout of flights of 15nm thats fine in a single prop or small aircraft but in a 6 engine jet where is the fun or skill in that.