Unfeasable flight plan

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

alemaobaiano
Captain

Unfeasable flight plan

Post by alemaobaiano » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 pm

I might be mistaken here but I always thought there was a filter to kill utterly ridiculous flight plans.

I was having a quick look at flights from Montevideo to see why one of my pilots only had 68 pax on a 752 and I noticed that one VA has a direct flight to Europe......in a C172 :roll:

I'm sure there are many more, but even one is ridiculous. If there isn't currently a filter, how difficult is it to create one?

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Unfeasable flight plan

Post by alasizon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 am

alemaobaiano wrote:I might be mistaken here but I always thought there was a filter to kill utterly ridiculous flight plans.

I was having a quick look at flights from Montevideo to see why one of my pilots only had 68 pax on a 752 and I noticed that one VA has a direct flight to Europe......in a C172 :roll:

I'm sure there are many more, but even one is ridiculous. If there isn't currently a filter, how difficult is it to create one?
I know there is one in the automatic generator but it does have a flaw in that if an aircraft doesn't have a defined range value, it doesn't limit it, also I believe it may be possible to upload flight plans that are unfeasible.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:34 am

If a range isn't specified the system won't reject it, however if it is listed, it should be rejected whether by upload or the direct entry system.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the explanation guys, now I see how they slip through the net.

TTFN

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

One more thing - just because they can book it - it doesn't mean they can execute it. The system will catch if they try to do anything "out of sorts" like make multiple landings. :)