Aborted flights.

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Shane
Ticket Agent

Aborted flights.

Post by Shane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey,

Yesterday I flew to Curacao for the second time(the first time my flight was aborted by the client). The second time everything went fine, today I wanted to fly back to Lisbon and yet again, my flight got aborted and I get the following message: 'Inflight refueling, flight aborted'. I'm getting a bit annoyed of it, I lost like 10 hours of flying now. Is the anything I can do?

I've got some info that might be handy:

Aircraft: PMDG 747-400
Settings: Unlimited fuel not active.

Hope someone can help me and that it can get fixed. Thanks

Greetings,

Shane

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Aborted flights.

Post by Konny » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Can you please send me the fsairlines_debug.out file from your Client directory? To konny@fsairlines.net

The PMDG planes have their own fuel handling which is why the Client sometimes has problems detecting the current fuel state correctly. I already made some improvements, they will be in the next beta release.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Shane
Ticket Agent

Post by Shane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Right', I've sent you the information you need!

*EDIT: I just saw I've put the file in three times, my bad! :roll:

Slowhand
Ticket Agent

Post by Slowhand » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Had the same error today, flying from Budapest to Brussels.
I will desn the bug file too.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 am

Please note that the PMDG series of aircraft have a known flaw in which the developers chose to use gauge programming to make the fuel consumption of the aircraft correct instead of properly designing the aircraft. This is true of all of their offerings and has caused this sort of error on occasion, especially when using time acceleration intermittently during the flight because the gauge attempts to "reset" the fuel to the level it thinks it's supposed to be at. Please understand, the PMDG product as a whole is excellent, but they have fallen victim of the same misinformation as many developers that the FS engine is fundamentally flawed when it is not and choose to "bypass" the engine to force behaviors instead of properly designing the flight model to accept external inputs to finesse the performance to be as realistic as possible.

Slowhand
Ticket Agent

Post by Slowhand » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:13 pm

In my case I was flying the LVD 767-300 with no time compression.

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 am

Mmm strange! I have the same thing now! I never have problems, but since the last month this did happend to me more then 4 times now. In PMDG, MD11 in PSS Concorde. Always on decent and than suddenly your fuel tank volume is changed!?? I heard from more pilots of my fleet, that they have this problem. How come ....
I have to admit that I did use time acselleration (x4) during some flights. But it also happens with out time acselleration.

cheers
Sander
CEO-PanAvia
CEO and specialized in payware aircraft systems and procedures!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Does the fuel actually rise or is it only the Client which doesn't read out the right value?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer