Aircraft edit

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Aircraft edit

Post by Tom JP » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:46 am

I recently tried editing the range of the A345 and A346 using data from Airbus' own website. Each edit was declined (the A345 edit was partially accepted). How are aircraft data edits verified?

I think part of the problem is due to these aircraft having an option to have a slight increase in range and weights, over standard models. If the increased range edit can't be accepted would it be better if I created a whole new aircraft, so that both standard and extended range models are available?

The current data seems to be a mixture of both, with standard range but increased weights.

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Re: Aircraft edit

Post by Flightguy123 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:03 am

Do you mean from the aircraft.cfg file?

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:32 pm

The reason why the specifications may be mixed between an ER version and a normal version is for two reasons:

A) Weights and specifications within models aren't always 100% accurate in FlightSim as it is up to each model developer to set the weights and specs correctly.

B)The client has a justifiable "range" that it looks for in relation to the weights. A slightly over amount and a slightly under amount. If the weights are within those ranges all the way across the board (MTOW, MLW, DOW, MZFW), the client recognizes that it is the correct aircraft.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:51 pm

The data I'm referring to is the stats for each aircraft listed in the fsairlines database, the planes we can buy and operate. Looking back, I should have been more clear about this in my original post. I found the range given on Airbus' own website to be slightly more than that listed in the fsairlines database for the two types I mentioned so I tried to edit it to match, so that slightly longer routes can be flown using these types.

I just thought that, since standard and increased range/weight A340-500s & -600s exist in the real world, it might be worth making both available in fsairlines.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 am

Yes but the differences are too small for the client to recognize which model you actually have in the sim.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 am

Guys, please don't respond to threads unless you have the full information.

"tjp" (since you don't list your name or use a signature), the edits were declined because they are not correct. We used data from both Airbus and several certification entities. Their data shows the range (in nautical miles) to be what is listed in the database. Airbus has a very bad habit of "inflating" their numbers on their website for marketing purposes to the public, but the certification data doesn't lie. What is on their website is for the public, not for the operators, thus there is no requirement (legally or morally) for them to be 100% honest in their data, just as what you see on many sites as the performance and capabilities of military aircraft is many times vastly different from reality.