What about a multiplayer server?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

What about a multiplayer server?

Post by Ionathan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:51 am

Ok, I may prefer VATSIM as many of us here but there are a lot of people who would like a more relaxed place as it happens in my airline. I've done a search and found several FS multiplayer servers but... one is always empty, another is not 24/7 etc. How difficult it would be to have a FSA place to fly? If there was something like "FSA multiplayer server" much more people could be found there at all times.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Re: What about a multiplayer server?

Post by afqr2007 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:54 am

i back this idea, would be good somewhere to make friends and and fly without having all the hassle of vatsim

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:15 am

i tried this in the past but got no response from people.

it would be with FShost and all three sims could connect together and all fly together. Another thing is that you could still use TC as well with that program
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:44 pm

I like the idea much. Although I only have experience with FSInn multiplayer servers. But it definitely will add a lot "social factor" to the game when you can fly in the same sky as your opponents/partners.

*thumbs up*

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm

First : I back any initiative going to this way. But I know that It would require from all users some patience and agreement on the fact that it could need money, time and that we will meet failures in doing so. But I will be very pleased in flying our VA in a multi-player server.

Second : as my web connection is so bad (I even received negative kb/mn...), even if sold between 150€ to 500€ in French Polynesia (pending your loading weight... and I have 6 children playing with YOU TUBE and so on...), I do not test any multi-player website, but I'm very found in doing this.

I heard about VATSIM in very good terms, but I discovered here some reluctance facing this website.

What sounds bad to you in VATSIM ? And what sounds really bad in other website (if any) to request the creation of a new one ? Theses question just to open my mind to your experience in this specific topic :D Soon, I will be back to metropolitan France, and in the capacity to join multi-player server. So I'm interested in your feeling on them.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, setting up a simple multiplayer server isn't much of a problem but I personally am against anything more sophisticated. We shouldn't try to make a new/better VATSIM or IVAO, that's not the aim of FSAirlines.
But if there is demand for a simple multiplayer server that's something which I think we could handle.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:19 am

Konny i would suggest possibly using fshost to do that...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:44 am

Konny wrote:...We shouldn't try to make a new/better VATSIM or IVAO, that's not the aim of FSAirlines.
I copy that. My understanding of the request isn't in the way of replacing IVAO/VATSIM. It is more like "meet the people in the sky". If someone wants to fly via IVAO/VATSIM then ok, he may do so. The others may just want to join each other. I for myself would be happy to see other VA's members share the same sky around me.

j4cko56
Flight Attendant

Post by j4cko56 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 pm

If this does happen, we need to make a policy or something regarding crashing. I had a pilot a while ago doing a 9 hour flight from Seattle, he was 8 hours in and some stupid jock in a Concorde came and smashed into his side on multiplayer. He close te client but thats not the point!

Jack
ImageImage
http://legacair-virtual.tk/
CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Well, rule #1 of multiplayer has always been to turn off "Collide with other Aircraft". That solves the problem then-and-there forever.

j4cko56
Flight Attendant

Post by j4cko56 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Fair play, but that would also cut the realism with landings, if theres someone on the runway then that isnt a deliberate crash! But yer, true.
ImageImage
http://legacair-virtual.tk/
CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:37 pm

j4cko56 wrote:Fair play, but that would also cut the realism with landings, if theres someone on the runway then that isnt a deliberate crash! But yer, true.
crashes on landings i believe are no longer FS-crash based, but instead of vertical landing speed.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:44 am

Konny, my idea for a multiplayer was exactly what you say. By no means we should ever try to replace IVAO/VATSIM. Those are very large, established and complicated communities and they have earned, to say the least, their position. I am a frequent flyer in VATSIM anyway and we don't need another VATSIM/IVAO. What we need is a light place to fly together since many FSA members don't like the complexity of VATSIM/IVAO. Some basic rule should be listed and announced like not connecting while on the runway, turn colision detection off etc. Who knows, since some of us are experience VATSIMers others could even learn some basic procedures if they like.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

M_clark_38
Ticket Agent

Post by M_clark_38 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:45 am

Im part of a FSMP Server called Aeronet 24/7. We are a very relaxed server. We have monthly events such as Military Missions, Mountain GA flying, island hopping, transcontinental airline flights, or just your general free flying or FSA Flights or possibly ATC upon request. Feel Free to drop by anytime. We do have our own dedicated teamspeak 2 server.

TS2: 70.39.160.114:8767
FSMP: 70.39.160.114
(Teamspeak is required, if you do not have a mic thats fine, but please still come on)

M_clark_38
Ticket Agent

Post by M_clark_38 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 pm

M_clark_38 wrote:Im part of a FSMP Server called Aeronet 24/7. We are a very relaxed server. We have monthly events such as Military Missions, Mountain GA flying, island hopping, transcontinental airline flights, or just your general free flying or FSA Flights or possibly ATC upon request. Feel Free to drop by anytime. We do have our own dedicated teamspeak 2 server.

TS2: 70.39.160.114:8767
FSMP: 70.39.160.114
(Teamspeak is required, if you do not have a mic thats fine, but please still come on)

We can also host your VA on our TS for free. You can have your own passworded channel with as many subchannels as you would like, We also have a hosting company that can provide cheap web hosting for as little as $3 a month.