A tip for making FSA more realistic

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

A tip for making FSA more realistic

Post by afqr2007 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi

A very useful tip for making FSA more realistic for CEO's and pilots....

...When you by a new aircraft such as a Boeing 737, get it sent to one of the boeing fields and then make positioning flights in your flightplans to get it back to your hub or where you want it to go and then fly it or get a pilot to fly it.

Doing this you gain a few things, Hours, Miles and experience flying the aircraft and also you get to see all of the virtual world.

Also when you decide to scrap an aircraft how about flying it to Goodyear for it to be scraped just like most aircraft in real life, ths can also be used to 'store' an aircraft

I currently do the above 'postioning' flights in around 5-15 different legs, even in large aircraft such as 747's, this allows me to go places ive never been before and see airline i wouldnt normally see.

Hope you think that this is a useful tip.

abarter
Ticket Agent

Re: A tip for making FSA more realistic

Post by abarter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:35 am

Good ideas. We have two planes that don't have a scheduled route. They are used for anyone who wants to do some sightseeing and flying wherever to break up the monotony. We have a 744 and a 735 just for that purpose. Kind of like a charter line.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 am

It's good to bring the idea up, but I think you'll find that many airlines already do delivery flights, certainly the three that I've been involved with do. We have just bought an ATR in TNCM, and one of our pilots will fly it down to it's new operating base in Salvador. We also have an A340 waiting to be ferried from Dubai to Arlanda, and some time ago I flew a Viscount from New York to Sao Paulo on a multi-leg delivery flight.

Someone did suggest a desert storage facility where unused aircraft could be parked, which seems like a good idea. However, as we don't pay parking fees there doesn't seem much point. There's nothing to stop an airline doing that though.

TTFN

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 am

We have a "boneyard" fleet and when planes arent used at all I sometimes fly them to the desert in arizona to the Pinal Airpark :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 am

Yet this is not more realistic though. There are service worldwhile who will undertake flying your aircraft to the scrap yard from wherever it is or from the factory to the requested airport. The owner pays something more of course but the airline pilots don't have to do the flight. It's a matter of choice.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 am

I''m quite new on the site, and I do not think to do this before. By the way, it's a very pleasant idea, and I'm just doing it IOT bring to LFPB (PARIS LE BOURGET) a plane I bought in LTBA (ISTANBUL). And like the trip is a little too long for a CRJ700, I organized the trip running through two other airports.

The only think I will do that should not been is to transport passengers during this tour ! I think I should join with empty plane. But, i do not have enough money yet to do it in a so real way, and I'm not sure we can refuse all passengers with the FSA client. :D

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:47 am

You can refuse passengers if you want. When you create the flight untick the "Limit Passengers" option towards the bottom of the page and put zero in the box. You can do the same for cargo.

TTFN

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:49 am

but by taking passengers with you, you earn money on the flights, so then it will be a win/win situation :)
Image Image

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Thinks for the tip, alemaobaiano. I was not knowing really what these options were for !

And of course, Edwin, I will do it with passengers because my VA (an me as a Pilot - I want a COTTAGE :D ) is needing money.

But, when I will be with more money, I will conduct these "purchase trips" with no passengers, because I think it should be more realistic (I'm not from aeronautic world, so I'm not sure of this. I just think it should be).

But the experience is pleasant...

By the way, is someone knowing where is the "official" Scrap area in France / Europe ? I have some planes to scrap this week and I will drive them there.

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Post by afqr2007 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:57 pm

One of the only storage / scrapage airports in europe i can think of is Kemble in england...Not far from london

probably others but cant think of them

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 am

Thk for the information !