I like to buy a BA609

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Polar
Ticket Agent

I like to buy a BA609

Post by Polar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 am

How do I do this?
I can see it exists, but it's not in the second hand or in the new list! How and where to obtain this plane!?
(Bell Augusta BA609 tilt rotor)

thank you
CEO-PanAvia
CEO and specialized in payware aircraft systems and procedures!

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: I like to buy a BA609

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:59 am

If you look closely at it's information, it shows as a "Prototype". This means that the aircraft is not available for purchase. We have uploaded the data for the aircraft as it exists and reliable (or at least fairly reliable) information is available so we have put it in as a "placeholder". Until such time as the aircraft (or any "prototype" aircraft for that matter) receives its certification and enters service, you will be unable to buy it.

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Why would you guys put planes in the list (or prototypes) who are not available, including a price and all?
A bit strange ... but thanks for the answer.

S

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 pm

They are there because the aircraft exists but has not entered into civilian service.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 am

What is this for reaction? Why don't you put all airplanes in there, for if they will enter civilian service ... it's just strange. There are many planes in the FSA list witch are not in civilian service at all. The fact is that civilians are flying with it to test it further more and that if there would be someone to buy it, they would sell it ....

Many strange policy's you guys live true at FSA!?

greetings

S.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 am

I'm sorry, but your reply doesn't make sense.

1) You can't fly on or own a BA-609 today. You can ORDER it, but you can't BUY it. Thus, why should we let people on this network buy them? We don't have an "order" system that allows you to order aircraft but not deliver them until we say, so this is the proper way to handle the issue.

2) All aircraft on our list available for purchase, except for the B-52 (which was what caused the rules as they stand to be implemented), are or have been in civilian use and received civilian certification. Those not available for purchase (i.e. "Prototype" aircraft) currently exist, but have not yet received certification.

3) After we had hundreds (and I'm not exaggerating here) of requests to add the A380 and 787 despite our rules saying that they wouldn't be accepted and multiple notifications that those specific aircraft wouldn't be accepted, we implimented the "Prototype" status to allow us to put the information in for aircraft which were being built or tested but weren't yet in service and eliminate the problem.

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Wow, I am sorry!

I did not know you guys are so serious about your the job in FSA.

And I thought FS = aircraft SIMULATION and FUN! Am I completely wrong here ... you guys take it up to the highest level off realism. (not)

There are many aircraft's that are available with you guys witch are doubt full according to FSA rules. Like an F14 and the B-52 as you say. There are even civilians going up in a Space shuttle and more. There are many civilian aircraft who are not in your list as well. I think you guys should more checkout what is on the FS market, what payware planes and what are the best freeware available (like Hovercontrol for your Helicopters). That would be much more realistic for a FS based airline game.

If FSA likes to keep up a high standard off realism, I would say that you can buy what ever is on request. Since the FSA world is one off its own!? Why go for 787 and A380, only because there are more requests. You made as well put in the B748. That is not the right way to implement rules. Why put aircrafts on the aircraft list if you can not buy them any way. So now FSA follows the real aircraft market and wait till the real BE609 is being soled to someone and then put it on available!?

If FSA wants to set a standard off realism, FSA should work on lots off other things to work out first.
If I buy a helicopter for my fleet, lets say one who has already parking brakes, to make it simple ...
It never seems to work.... and I always get the "wrong plane" thingy.
Then you guys have whole forums about how to adjust my aircraft.cfg!?!?

What a realism, so I buy an aircraft then I still have to repair the whole thing to let it work (if I can fix that), and if I ever get that far as an CO, I have to instruct my all my fleet pilots with the same instructions .... wow man, what a management.

You guys seem to like to work from the back to the front ... just like flight-creating ... a fantastic menu, not!

Anyway, don't get to serious about the wrong things ... I do have some (very good) suggestions how to solve a lot off the FSA mishaps.

and I think my reply makes a lot off sense for a whole bunch off CEO's, if they ever read this.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 pm

People can fly those aircraft in FS not FSA. FSA is a realistic simulation add-on. FSA isn't overly realistic, there are still some unrealistic factors or factors that are not as realistic as they are in the real world.
If FSA likes to keep up a high standard off realism, I would say that you can buy what ever is on request. Since the FSA world is one off its own!? Why go for 787 and A380, only because there are more requests. You made as well put in the B748. That is not the right way to implement rules. Why put aircrafts on the aircraft list if you can not buy them any way. So now FSA follows the real aircraft market and wait till the real BE609 is being soled to someone and then put it on available!?
The B748 is on the list but is not available for purchase because IT IS NOT IN SERVICE. Aircraft are on the aircraft list because the do exist, you can find a prototype or more of them. Until the enter into service, they are NOT available for purchase. Once they are in service with a civilian operator, they are available for purchase. The aircraft list shows all the aircraft that are practical for our system.

Aircraft that are fictional that are available as payware or freeware will never be available on FSA because they don't actually exist in the real world. Simply put, aircraft that DO NOT EXIST will never be available for purchase because on FSA, only real aircraft are available for purchase, within the specific set of the rules that has been implemented since at least 2007(the earliest I remember it). Yes, there are a couple of exceptions, like the B-52 that Chris mentioned above.

As Chris has noted, this is policy and will continue to be an official policy of FSA. I don't see your issue with it, it is realistic.

I'm sorry if the post seems slightly bashful but I'm just pointing out the facts.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 am

This thread is going no where. If you don't like the rules, then there are other places to go and play. Have fun there.