To all airlines thinking about quiting...

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: To all airlines thinking about quiting...

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Tyler, I think you mistake how a business works, even a not-for-profit one. We specify what services we offer and the rules and if you agree with them, then you pay. We don't actually have to remove the restriction on how big a VA has to be to get special use aircraft, because it's already been specified. As long as we post it clearly in the rules (which we will), then it's a posted rule, and you accept it when you pay.

Guys, we really want this to work, but let me make this clear again - just because you're a paying customer does not mean you now control the network. We will not be dictated to and I frankly am kind of discouraged by the change in tone that has occurred from some of you guys. You are paying for a service, not for a part ownership. This is no different than you paying for your internet or a magazine subscription. Please remember that. If you don't, then I'll guarantee that you'll make Konrad, Claudio, and Joe tired of it and shut the network down anyway instead of doing what they have to try and find a way to keep it running.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Please remember that. If you don't, then I'll guarantee that you'll make Konrad, Claudio, and Joe tired of it and shut the network down
what happens to the money a CEOs paid for a full year if FSA decide to shut down the service half way throught 2010?

im looking at your active VA numbers on the right hand box of the login page and its dropping every day.

this might have nothing to do with the premium account, but it sure looks like it to me.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:38 pm

We will never shut this service down, and even if we did we would give you the money back.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:20 pm

ep-irl wrote: im looking at your active VA numbers on the right hand box of the login page and its dropping every day.

this might have nothing to do with the premium account, but it sure looks like it to me.
The active airlines/pilots are dropping since 1-2 months. The reason for this is that we had disabled the inactivation of airlines for a long period and decided to active that piece of code again, which deactivates an pilot/airline after three months.
Of course the premium accounts might influence that, but the main reason for f.e. pilots dropping from >10.000 to 6.000 is the reactivation of some piece of code.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 am

DaKurt wrote:The active airlines/pilots are dropping since 1-2 months. The reason for this is that we had disabled the inactivation of airlines for a long period and decided to active that piece of code again, which deactivates an pilot/airline after three months.
Of course the premium accounts might influence that, but the main reason for f.e. pilots dropping from >10.000 to 6.000 is the reactivation of some piece of code.
We also had a large influx of VA's over the late spring and early summer. Many of these VA's have now gone inactive due to the code mentioned by Claudio.

What you're seeing now is primarily an adjustment to a more "realistic" number of active pilots and VA's rather than a loss by VA's leaving.

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I've spent some time away from fsairlines (since January) but I'm now planning to get a years platinum membership and I'm trying to catch up on the events of the last few months. Has anything happened regarding the special use aircraft rule - if I pay to become a member, can I use all available planes? Are these rules in writing anywhere (outside the forum) so I can see exactly what I'm signing up for, before I pay, to prevent any nasty surprises in the future?

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue May 25, 2010 2:56 am

To be honest there has been a very disturbing lack of progress on all fronts since january. Nothing major has changed. No vast improvements to the system have been made. no "goodies" have been added... we're paying for the same thing that was free 6 months ago.

Now dont get me wrong it's still a good system, but don't expect any big changes, that's all...
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 am

Fair enough, thanks for replying. I enjoy what fsairlines already offers but there's always room for improvement. I'll just wait until I'm happy with what's on offer before I part with any of my hard earned cash.

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:45 pm

tjp353 wrote:I've spent some time away from fsairlines (since January) . . . . - if I pay to become a member, can I use all the planes . . .
To answer your original question. You do not have to pay ANYTHING to fly on this network. You just have to join an Active VA and use all their aircraft and routes.
You only have to pay if you want to start your own VA and become CEO.
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!