Premium Accounts.

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

mr.shiljo
Ticket Agent

Re: Premium Accounts.

Post by mr.shiljo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Does this mean if i dont pay i loose all the data of airline and all efort is done for nothing? Pls explain...

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Post by Martin Curacao » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 pm

mr.shiljo wrote:Does this mean if i dont pay i loose all the data of airline and all efort is done for nothing? Pls explain...
The answer of your question is givin in this topic multiple times.

The VA stay's but is inactive untill someone of this VA paid for premium

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 am

when inactive can you still use the VA's profit, or is it completely on hold until someone pays?

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 pm

You will still be able to look at your VA-profile, but the managing & booking functions will be gone.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

mr.shiljo
Ticket Agent

Post by mr.shiljo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:19 pm

I must say sad thing for FS community, which is ment to be open coded ... everybody becomes capitalistic these days...hehe...thanks but no way jose ;)

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:05 pm

mr.shiljo wrote:I must say sad thing for FS community, which is ment to be open coded ... everybody becomes capitalistic these days...hehe...thanks but no way jose ;)
I'm sorry for that, and I'm sure you'd prefer if we went on paying for you another 5 years. thank's but no way ;) ...
best regards
Claudio
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:26 pm

mr.shiljo wrote:I must say sad thing for FS community, which is ment to be open coded ... everybody becomes capitalistic these days...hehe...thanks but no way jose ;)
Umm... since when was FS meant to be open coded? You paid for the software didn't you? You paid for your joystick didn't you? You probably paid for a couple of good, high quality addon aircraft or sceneries didn't you?

Sorry, but since Bruce Artwick created FlightSim, it's NEVER been "Open Coded". It's been "Open Ended" and "Modifiable", but not "Open Coded". You can add things to the software, but the core code is as locked in as any other program, thus it's neither "Open Code" or "Open Source".

Hell, remember that until FS2000, you had to BUY a piece of software to even edit the paint scheme. Until FS2004, you had to BUY a piece of software to create new aircraft models. Only the scenery has had a free program to modify it since FS98. Prior to that, you had to BUY a piece of software to modify it too.

Sorry, but if that's what you believe that FS is, then I suggest you go over to FlightGear because other than that, what you ask for doesn't exist, not even for X-Plane.

Rainbowdancer
Ticket Agent

Post by Rainbowdancer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:42 am

really, it's unbelievable but there are users, and until now! they were free users, who cannot imagine building up this wonderful site by a busy crew at all times, doing hard work, espacially on your demand, that is now at a point to present you such a wonderful platform, we all have fun of and the power to work with, this is the moment I agree and I send to all of you the idea of keep us together in the same way we all wanted it since fs was born, think and mention all the fun you've had on that. Now is the time to pay it all back and let us show these guys for what they are good for. And listen, they won't pocket the money by themself, it sure will be used for further projects you all can take a part of. Paying for good things is not a political nor capitalistic answer, it is only the way to get along together and that is fun for all of us.

shearder
Ticket Agent

Post by shearder » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am

Sorry I am getting in on this SO late but RW stuff has kept me busy. Anyhow, though i can understand - and support - the reason for this and having to pay for the privilege to have a VA because a couple of guys have worked their butts off to do this and create a client etc etc etc and at the end of the day it becomes so HUGE that something has to"give".

However, with that said, the fact that it is "only 24 Euros - as has been pointed out - may be "ONLY" for some but for me it is R256.00 with the exchange rate. Though it may seem a little to some, and it really isn't THAT much in the greater scheme of things, I, personally, cannot justify this.

So perhaps some VA would like to adopt a "heavy" pilot?? :lol:

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:28 pm

shearder wrote:So perhaps some VA would like to adopt a "heavy" pilot?? :lol:
Depending on what types you like, Amazonas would be happy to adopt you :D In the heavy department we have 767s, MD11s, A330s, A340s and an A380. We could set you up with your own hub if you were interested too.

TTFN

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Post by savagegrave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Hiya

Ive been away just after the start of this topic of conversation and after reading in depth over and over again since friday when i paid £300 to have my virgin media services re-instated... yes £300 (some arreas lol) I'm now back.

As many will se I opted to take up the deal of buying the platinum membership so I can bring back Imagine Airways. Here are my reasons....

1. Simfly.eu the network I first found virtual airlines on has a buy donation system. The airline of your chooosing recieves a percentage of the amount you donate and also stops the airline being deleted if you go under 60hours flight time a month!.

The above network also talked of "forcing" payment from people as it was too loosing money when created and designing new flight tracking software. They run conpetitions and you can win boxed software and hardware from supporting companies that help there success.... HOWEVER,

I was there for little over 3 months and so far I have only donated around £25 to their system for my usage. When I log in the home page reminds me my current bill stands at £45 and its in big red letters and numbers to remind me I've used more than I have paid for. ALso the browser has an "info bar " in yellow saying or reminding me I need to donate... how annoying is that.

While they do however provide teamspeak and fshost multiplayer the client is NOT as good in my mind as the one here.....

On their system you can/ could (when i was there) fly a 737-800 from EGKK - YSSY with no fuel stops as it would charge the fuel used to name one of a few things i found rather annoying.

2. I like fsairnles.net while its harder to recruit pilots, the system is one of the more "realistic" ones I've come accross and is geared up more for ceo's than pilots.... ie its the ceo that needs to do the work to promote the airline as pilots don't really stumble accross you.

While there are multiplyer issues, its easier to get new VAs off the ground and into the air, I'm hoping like most that the maintaince and advertsing costs get fixed soon so if and when my va gets bigger asssests I'm not worried about paying bills when it comes to my fleets.

3. For the cost of 27 Euro a year I can run my VA. Which is less than I donated to simfly.eu and very much less than a night out on the town. I think what we have to be realistic on is the fact that while the world is running out of money, the term "no such thing as a freee lunch" comes into question. While there are "cheaper" and "free" services out there how long are they going to be sticking around for and really if paying such a little amount for these services makes them better then whats the problem?

While the VA should pay for its hosting and piltos should realistically be able to fly unlimited for free, I think the point FSA is making is the cost of the pilots who constantly fly on 16x 24/7 365 days a year (read origional posts).

Me I've decided to stay, Keep up the good work guys, and for pilots and ceo's who cant/won't/don't want to pay for these services feel free to jump aboard, as Ive happily paid for platinum.

Steve
visit Airnex homepage at http://www.airnexvirtual.co.uk (New :mrgreen: )

Image Image

Captain to First Officer -> "Did you close the doors or did I?" :mrgreen:

Heretic
Ticket Agent

Post by Heretic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Sorry for bumping this thread up.

I'm still shocked. My last login was around december, when everything was still fine. And now this...

You guys were a darn fine addition to the MSFS world ever since I've discovered you back in 2006 still under the old Flynet banner. Granted, I've never been the most active pilot, but the whole "Airline Myspace" thing with a touch of FSPassengers added a nice bit of depth to commercial flying in FS. And best of all, it was free, yay.

If there had been an annual bandwidth drive, say collecting donations for paying the annual bandwidth fees coupled with a nice treat alias a golden signature image, fine. I could have spared a few Euros for that. But a subscription that I won't make full use of under any circumstances? No, thanks.

Okay, I could still join another VA, but that wouldn't be any fun. The best thing about CEA was that it was always *my own* airline, with my routes, my policies, my spirit and my profits. No strings attached.
And now I can't even fly for it anymore. *Sigh*

I know it's weird to say since this is the internet, but: My day just got ruined and something in the MSFS-devoted part of my mind just died.

Where to go now and what to do...
CEO of Cirrostratus Express Airways

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm

where to go : the payment screen for premium.
what to do ; pay the measly 27 euros it'll cost you to run your own airline,
and stop whining about something a few of people have payed ánd created for you until now.
In my humble opinion,seeing the usage of this site,
It absolutely amazes me they haven't started to charge sooner.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 am

In addition, we did try a drive to pay for bandwidth expenses. It was there since very early on (it was called the "DONATE" button oddly enough...) and it didn't help. We got a few donations here and there, but for the most part, not anywhere near the amount needed to even start offsetting the costs being incurred.

Then again, we stated all of this early on in NOVEMBER when we started talking about the change, well before your "last" sign on.

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 am

In one hand, I can understand the mind of someone get used in flying in FSA without any charge, and suddenly requested for 30€ in order to continue to enjoy the trip.

In the other hand, I can understand that people investing time and money (for bandwidth and so one) to enable this site to function and our flights to go to a new dimension should be financially supported.

I have 6 children and I'm strongly fighting their will to have always free music, free games, free internet, free movies, and so on, trying to explain them that work should be respected and paid. I'm sure no one will be happy to go every day to work and that their boss said at the end of the month : "sorry guy ! I have hacked your work time, because in my mind, everything should be free."

In my mind, I do not find as an offence to have to pay for the services provided there, and I find that 30€ is not really a great expense, taking in account the number of hours I will use this site to have fun.

I think that you should think twice before to cancel your participation there.

But it's only my vision upon things.