To all airlines thinking about quiting...

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

To all airlines thinking about quiting...

Post by flightsimer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:14 pm

offer has ended
Last edited by flightsimer on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: To all airlines thinking about quiting...

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:37 pm

flightsimer wrote: *you will be able to continue for free
how exactly are you offering that?? you mean for pilots that want to fly LESS than 4 times / week right?? Better clarify that statement here before you have a thousand PM's asking the same questions.

cheers :lol:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Brian Peace wrote:
flightsimer wrote: *you will be able to continue for free
how exactly are you offering that?? you mean for pilots that want to fly LESS than 4 times / week right?? Better clarify that statement here before you have a thousand PM's asking the same questions.

cheers :lol:
see the latest posts from Konny on the forum and the poll on the website. the new-"new account" system as of now is no longer having each player paying for themself but instead the CEO paying to run the VA and the pilots flying for free unlimited amount of flights unless they go to the medium or upper level account which they will have to pay for.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

ahhhh ok good news. hehe your on the ball too... dont take ALL the guys!
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 am

I have quit but do not want to join any existing airine to fly. While I had Air Mermaid I already was a member of another group which allowed me to fly under any callsign, any a/c and any livery with similar features. The FSA for me was only for keeping a database of routes and a basic FDR.
The reason I have quit not because of the paid (whatever you wanna name it gold, bronze, stone, etc.) membership thingy, and I am quite sure those who might quit FSA are the guys who can afford the price but don't want to pay for something they already had free of charge.
The problem is, the developers instead of offering free and paid services with different aspects (for example, a paid member could have had the financial status, gates and such as well as a FDR, while a free user might have had only the FDR part) they tried to force everyone to pay to have an airline.
It is like kidnapping. Pay xxxx eur otherwise we won't give your airline back.
Until yesterday (before I saw the poll) I was ready to pay but I preffered to leave.
To cut it short, I think most serious users wouldn't want to join an existing airline while all you might get some non serious kids who only want to spend their free time playing an airline game.

PS.
If my words offend any person please feel free to remove my forum account as well.

Merry Xmas again

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 am

vaccaro wrote:I have quit but do not want to join any existing airine to fly. While I had Air Mermaid I already was a member of another group which allowed me to fly under any callsign, any a/c and any livery with similar features. The FSA for me was only for keeping a database of routes and a basic FDR.
The reason I have quit not because of the paid (whatever you wanna name it gold, bronze, stone, etc.) membership thingy, and I am quite sure those who might quit FSA are the guys who can afford the price but don't want to pay for something they already had free of charge.
The problem is, the developers instead of offering free and paid services with different aspects (for example, a paid member could have had the financial status, gates and such as well as a FDR, while a free user might have had only the FDR part) they tried to force everyone to pay to have an airline.
It is like kidnapping. Pay xxxx eur otherwise we won't give your airline back.
Until yesterday (before I saw the poll) I was ready to pay but I preffered to leave.
To cut it short, I think most serious users wouldn't want to join an existing airline while all you might get some non serious kids who only want to spend their free time playing an airline game.

PS.
If my words offend any person please feel free to remove my forum account as well.

Merry Xmas again
I think you are exaggerating this a bit too much. The point is...for the last 5 years Konny, Joe and me paid for your airlines (it's around a 1000$ or more? + a loooot of work) ... from now on everyone is going to pay for his own airline. I think that sounds fair doesn't it?
Furthermore we are going to implement new extra features which everybody can buy for a little extra money, if desired. This option is completely voluntary.
I am quite sure those who might quit FSA are the guys who can afford the price but don't want to pay for something they already had free of charge.
I'm sorry that we have been free of charge for the last 5 years :)

best regards
DaKurt
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

hakan737
Ticket Agent

Post by hakan737 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 am

can you give me exactly correct forum topic address about "last scheme of free and premium account!" becouse there wasn't any issue about deleting existing VAs of free users.If you change some of terms in short time, it would be cause of confusing.

I want to write my comments after read that.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Konny / DaKurt.

A lot of people (myself included) wouldnt have known about the poll if it werent for reading the forums... maybe you should make the hotlink on the website to that poll in red... so people notice it and can input there opinion. I respect you guys for trying to listen to the masses. Bravo. I disagree with air mermaid's ceo's line of thinking here... most of the "kids" arent the ones flying for someone else's VA... there the ones running an airbus a380 around at 16x all day to make a buck. If those users need to pay to use it, then by all means, GOOD! also,as a CEO, in running a VA you're creating routes, managing a fleet, and using more bandwidth than the common user as well.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Frequent Flyer
Rampie

Post by Frequent Flyer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:39 pm

flightsimer wrote: ...
Please check your PM box :P

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:08 pm

We're lucky to have had this service for free for so long, with the fsairlines staff contributing both time and money to allow it all to happen. Now that money needs to be found, in my humble opinion, it's fair enough that us users are being asked to contribute to cover our costs. However the payment system is implemented, some people will always find it unfair. I'm not a big fan of the current 'CEO pays all' approach, but since 58 Euro cents-a-week is hardly extortionate, I would be happy to pay. 2010 is a 'prototype' year and hopefully a more cost-based system will be introduced in the future. A one CEO/pilot airline will never use as much resources as a busy airline with one CEO and 30+ pilots, so a payment system that takes that into account would be much more fair.

I would like to pay to continue, but I have a couple of questions:-

Will Platinum account CEOs be allowed access to 'special use' aircraft? After paying 30 Euro (or 27 Euro with a discount) a year to run an airline, the least I expect is access to all the planes. This will be key to whether I pay to continue. In the current rules, a non-paying pilot of a large airline could fly a plane that a paying CEO of a small airline cannot use. I'm not trying to stir anything up here - I'm just asking a fair question and making a valid point.

Will FSAirlines still be a non-profit organisation? If so, will the organisation's finances be available to be viewed by paying members?

SARMedic177
Ticket Agent

Post by SARMedic177 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm with the last comment. Especialy about access to aircraft. as a CEO you should have access to every thing but then your pilots should have acess to all aircraft in the VA's Fleet.
Secondly..if i was going to pay for the Platinum Account...where do I do it? i can't find anything at this time to tell me where. Will this be ready for pilots to take advantage of the early subscribers reduction benefit as detailed on the web site? If not it is a bit of a stick and carrot.

Chris

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:15 pm

SARMedic177 wrote:I'm with the last comment. Especialy about access to aircraft. as a CEO you should have access to every thing but then your pilots should have acess to all aircraft in the VA's Fleet.
Secondly..if i was going to pay for the Platinum Account...where do I do it? i can't find anything at this time to tell me where. Will this be ready for pilots to take advantage of the early subscribers reduction benefit as detailed on the web site? If not it is a bit of a stick and carrot.

Chris
alasizon wrote:
abarter wrote:Did I miss something? I want to sign up for a Premium Account but I cannot find how to sign up anywhere on the site. Jan 1 is two days away and I fear I may have missed the sign up information. I don't want to have my VA on hold. That would ruin my nice long weekend of planned flying. :D
There will be a 14 day trial so you can decide if you would like to upgrade to premium. Starting January 1st, there will be a link to PayPal where you can go and set up and purchase a subscription.
Will Platinum account CEOs be allowed access to 'special use' aircraft? After paying 30 Euro (or 27 Euro with a discount) a year to run an airline, the least I expect is access to all the planes. This will be key to whether I pay to continue. In the current rules, a non-paying pilot of a large airline could fly a plane that a paying CEO of a small airline cannot use. I'm not trying to stir anything up here - I'm just asking a fair question and making a valid point.
CEOs do currently have access to special use aircraft, all you have to do is submit a support ticket with the following information to request that you can purchase those aircraft.
CAPFlyer wrote:As part of recent changes to the FSAirlines database, we are now able to restrict sales of aircraft in a much more meaningful way. Because of this, we can now accept additions of aircraft currently in the prototype and testing phase to have their information in (so we don't have 100 people trying to add it every week like we did with the A380), to specify aircraft for private sales only (like Warbirds), and to allow for "special" aircraft which we wish to allow, but restrict how many any VA can have.

As such, we can now, on a limited bases, accept aircraft like the A300-600ST "Beluga" and the AN-225. Purchases of these aircraft will be by request only, and no more than the real world availability will be allowed for any VA (i.e. no VA can have more than 1 AN-225 or 5 A300-600ST's).

HOWEVER the previous restrictions that aircraft being added must have civilian airworthiness still applies. We will not be allowing any more military-only aircraft onto the network.

If you wish to purchase any of these "Special" types of aircraft, simply submit a support ticket with the number you wish to purchase and an admin will add them to a private sale to your company.
Also note, it is not needed that it be the CEO who pays the Platinum account, its only needed that there is one per VA.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:37 pm

CEOs do currently have access to special use aircraft, all you have to do is submit a support ticket with the following information to request that you can purchase those aircraft.
Unless the rules have changed again recently (within the last couple of weeks), only airlines with 5 or more pilots are allowed to buy 'special use' aircraft. I discovered this when I tried to buy an Airbus Beluga exactly how you suggested, with a support ticket. If I'm going to pay to continue to use fsairlines I need access to all available planes.

Just to clarify my previous post, I agree that aircraft not currently in service (B787, etc) should be excluded until such time as they enter service.

Also, for admins, I'm not trying to stir anything up here, I appreciate the work you do and the time you put in - but I'm just trying to ask a couple of questions before I pay for a years subscription.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:46 am

We have not discussed it yet, but I don't see why we can't remove the restriction on size, but we will not remove the restriction on quantities.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 am

CAPFlyer wrote:We have not discussed it yet, but I don't see why we can't remove the restriction on size, but we will not remove the restriction on quantities.
especially since they are now paying real money for this service...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways