General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Re: Premium Accounts.

Post by PCD001 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Hmmmm,

I think I may well go the same way.

I don't fly at x16, I average close to 4 flights a week, I run the VA professionally (realistic aircraft running to appropriate airports), correct time tables, etc etc, So to keep going I'm going to have to fork out for a Platimum account so that the kids on the Network can run their aircraft at x16, run A380's into 3000ft airstrips etc . . . . er no thanks . . . . . .
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Konny wrote:
flightsimer wrote:I still want to know about the number of flights, because nothing has been said yet of how you got that. And we all know 90% of the active pilots dont fly 4 flights a week since its impossible based on the own stats on the site.
Even if it doesn't seem to be so important anymore with the new system coming eventually I'ld like to say some words on this matter so you know we didn't just make this number up from nothing. I already told the admins how exactly I calculated the 90%. In short words I just had a look at the pilots who did at least one flight in the last 91 days and took their average flights/week.
that isnt the most accurate way though because at 91 days your opening it up to alot of people that may have only flown 1 flight in that whole time span.

just curious though, what are the figures for a week span dating from 4 weeks ago (if you can do that, since that was before the whole premium accounts were even mentioned and everyone would have been continueing as normal)

as for the quality issue. one problem is you still have over 6200 members and there is only 3 developers (konny, Dakurt and Joe) and 2 additional people (Chris and John) who have access and can actually help people with support problems. thats 1240 users per 1 admin. unless you get more people to help, i dont see the quality changing that much even if you all spent an extra hour a day being on. now granted i dont know the number of support requests made a day, but still, i would imagine it to be steady. Im sure their are multiple people here who would help out if they could, me being one of them which i have said in the past.

now this isnt ment as an insult to anyone working here, im pretty sure i can say everyone here all appreciates what you guys have done for us, but the way things are going about is what we are really having the problem with. Its like its being forced on us with no disscussion. while we might not have any say in anything directly, in the end it is us using the product and if everybody leaves then you have just shot yourself in the foot because now nobody is using it. so we should all be heard out at least, which at least with the last post it seems that will be done more. I just dont want to see your good product turn bad.
Last edited by flightsimer on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Well in light of the new poll I can assure you if a "pay per VA" comes into effect BC NORTH will be able to stay. I'd gladly pay to keep it up and running HERE, becuase this system is better than the alternatives. Hooray! :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

We would look at staying IF the "Pay per VA" idea comes about, but I'm still not convinced about the support process.

Those with long memories will remember what happened with various updates on Flynet, and we are looking at a whole raft of changes in one go. Have these changes been tested properly, or are the soon-to-be-paying customers going to be the beta testers?

It IS good to see that the developers are listening, though.

lukas
Language Admin

Post by lukas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 pm

From the poll:
(...) - not allowed to create airlines
Are you going to delete all existing VA's which CEO's (or pilots) don't pay for the membership?
Polish Language Admin

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 am

I have one other small question,

I am very much prepared to pay for using FSA but I am wondering if there'll be a bit
more space to personalize my little corner of FSA once paid.

In other words,will I be allowed to host some bigger
images and some other bits and bobs currently not available.

For the record,I do believe the second option on the poll is the most fair,
and I will pay to keep Vissr Aviation afloat,even if it is only for me.

cheers

Tom.

Eastern 420
Ticket Agent

Post by Eastern 420 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:06 am

to bad was fun while it lasted
Last edited by Eastern 420 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
EasTernHops VA & Flight Radio http://www.ehfr.biz http://www.easternhops.com
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Guys, there's already another thread going on the new accounts. I'm closing this one as it should be continued in the main one.
OK I'll move my post over to here then :-
Brian Peace wrote:The new propoased accounts would only have the CEO of a VA pay for it. All pilots of said VA would fly for free. Which is the best solution in my eyes.
Really ?
My little one man VA stays well with in the 4 flights per week, does not use hardly any hardware resources of the ISP/FSAirlines (don't use flight tracker, don't update timetables frequently, don't use stats, etc etc).
So the little one man operator (of which there are many in the real world), is going to fork out to keep the big boys flying, so their kiddies can go screaming round at x16, running their unrealistic Aircraft into Unrealistic Airports on unrealistic Flight Plans using Unrealistic Timetables . . . . . . . . . well this one won't.
CAPFlyer wrote: As for the payment - if your VA wants to take a collection for the whopping 24 Euro a year cost for the VA to remain, then you can feel free to do so and then make the payment that way. PayPal certainly can handle the CEO setting up a "donation" account for the pilots to donate to and then pay for the service from that account.

I'm sorry guys, but the cost being proposed is MINIMAL for anyone. I can find that amount for a 3 month subscription to EVE or to buy a single payware addon for FS (although, for some, it buys less than half of it). I think a VA of even 2 or 3 people can find enough to pay that much for a YEAR of FSAirlines.
I'm glad life is finding you well off financially, some of us are not that flush at the moment. Also my FS9 PMDG 737 is a one off payment, this is not.
The flaw with this is . . . . . You will end up having the same amount of people on FSAirlines but just with about 4 or 5 VA's, now that would really make me laugh . . I mean it could end up with just ONE HUGE VA with all the Pilots flying to all the destinations . . . . . Great idea !
CAPFlyer wrote: BTW, you guys don't see the crap we admins deal with on some of the VA's that are being created. If this reduces our workload on having to edit, delete, kick, and suspend VA's for some of the stuff they try, then I think it's worked perfectly because it'll take my 20 hour a week job as an admin and make it a 5 or 10 hour a week job, and thus I get a lot more time to do things like FLY.

If you can't deal with it don't do it. That is an incredibly lame reason, "well charge a fee to cut down on the crap" . . . . . Why do the job at all then ?

Its been a blast on here, it really has and I'll be sad to go, there are lots of nice people hereabouts, but there are many other on-line apps to do with Flight Simulator which are totally free. (That rely only on donations).
Strangely enough I would still have contributed to FSA (as I have done in the past), but when faced with "pay up or leave," . . . I think I'll leave.
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 am

lukas wrote:From the poll:
Are you going to delete all existing VA's which CEO's (or pilots) don't pay for the membership?
No I think we will probably mark them as inactive and if the CEO decides to continue playing and pays he will be able to reactive it.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 pm

flightsimer wrote:just curious though, what are the figures for a week span dating from 4 weeks ago (if you can do that, since that was before the whole premium accounts were even mentioned and everyone would have been continueing as normal)
Well, if the period is 7 days the percentage of the people doing less than 4 flights goes down to 67%. Taking a period of 28 days results in 77%.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Nudge
Ticket Agent

Post by Nudge » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Listed in another thread now locked.

Well, as CEO for Eastern Hops VA I feel that the end has come ... I will not be paying anything ..... and all the EHVA company pilots, i feel, will not be either and as mentioned earlier we are looking at alternatives of our own ...... the reduction in the number of active members in the entire FSA system will negate the need for any server upgrade aided by stopping all accelerated flights (x1 only) and, I personally believe, that better use of advertising space would have been a far better option than the path/paths being looked at, at the moment. The hard work building FSA up to what it is now, looks as if its about to be ripped to shreds come 1st January. Not being able to capitalise on the popularity of FSA, is hardly encouragment to entice users/members to pay for their future use. As for the issue of 'work load behind the scenes' of FSA, I suggest that can be delt with by deligation. I found that with just 50 pilots it was too much to deal with their questions, requests and problems on my own, so I appointed people to handle these issues, so the enjoyment continued untill some other FSA issues came to light. Mine and EHVA pilots enthusiasm dwindled FAST to the point now where we have loads of aircraft loads of pilots but not even a handful flying.
As for the issue of paying to fly/own a VA this brings up more issues! "What is the value of a VA?" and "How much could I get for it on Ebay?" Is there money to be made in buying and sell Virtual Airlines, there wasn't but I think that is about to change!

ego sileo meus theca

The End

hakan737
Ticket Agent

Post by hakan737 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Finally I read a lot of comments on forum. I don't think about the issues are talking in only FSA, I'm sure all members discussion the issues in their local forums or meetings, like as us.

I'm against to "pay" but I think it's too late. FSA directory has been passed at that point, now it seems they are working "hoe do we get the money and what would be for?" phase.

Differents of "free account" and "premium account" are really far away from spirit of a hobby. You have began as "free of charge" , ofcourse you have right to change "terms" everytime but you have to be respect your members who they comes since built up FSA.

Your new terms are include " free account owners not allow to be have VA"; it is really bad! you are forcing to members who are thinking continue as free accounts "you leave or choose a VA!"

You are talking about (as above) , only VA CEO should be pay money; why only CEO should be get responsible of VA? Ahhhh if they doesn't pay anything they will loose their VA. Good strategy.

Some of VA are just only for "prestige" in FSA, they are not passion like as other ones to fly day by day during hours. So are they really effect on your bandwith even they aren't fly?

Anyway, I really don't care about what will you do after 1st Jan. This is your choise, I hope you can give your "customer" expects beyond 1st of Jan (I think they are expecting advanced client and web site system ) .

We will wait to end of FSA "free of charge" time and then our VA will be close.

good luck

Libertyexpress
Ticket Agent

Post by Libertyexpress » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi konny

Good afternoon for the future FSAIRLINES in January, it will be possible between 2 people and operate gold account to pay the same airline?

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 am

no, one of you will need the platinum account.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Libertyexpress
Ticket Agent

Post by Libertyexpress » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 am

Ok, and it will be possible for a person to be CEO for 6 months and then again by another 6 months at a flight attendant? The airlines that have no CEO platinum will be eliminated immediately or 01/01/2010 will have a timeout?