Premium Accounts.

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

polirom
Ticket Agent

Premium Accounts.

Post by polirom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:13 pm

I think we should put at least 7 flights for free accounts, 4 I find very few.

At least one newspaper; Week = 7 days - 7 free flights

VA with few members can not afford to pay. We too hard to keep samples and sites are added expenses

Thanks

AVI DL-787
Ticket Agent

Re: Premium Accounts.

Post by AVI DL-787 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 am

I only can say:
Admins please reconsider whether this is the right way!!! :oops:

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:15 am

you mean to say you heard somewhere that free accounts will be limited to 4 flights a week? :?:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 am

Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:36 am

Is there a possibility that the permium accounts will ever be free again?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 am

90% of the pilots fly 4 flights or less a week? probably 1000 or more of the active pilots dont even fly. i no of a couple of airlines off hand that havent even flown a flight in the last 6 months and 2 within the last year...

but i have a very hard time believing that only 4 flights are made a week by 90% of the community. i dont even believe that 90% of the community fly 1 flight a week.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:49 am

true on one hand, i have pilots that have never flown, and personally i don't think that they will in the mean time. :lol:

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:57 am

I have asked this question with no response in the staff forum. I am hoping that we will get some more definitive numbers before this goes "live" to be able to fix it. I am unfortunately saddened to say that neither I nor John were consulted during the process of determining the limits, so we are both kind of "in the dark" on this and have expressed our displeasure in being excluded as we are the ones who do most of the "PR" for the network on the forums and in the "Help Desk".

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 am

90% of the community is 5670 people. if they are flying 4 flights a week then thats 22680 flights overall a week. there is only 459,000 flights overall from over 2 years. at 4 flights a week and 90% flying thats only 20 weeks worth of flights but yet the time length is actually over 2 years...

i would estimate, just by guessing on what ive seen in the flight area and how many flights are being flown daily, that only 1000 people are truely "active".

also i would suggest after you do get the flights per week, instead of enforcing it by week, just multiplying it by 4 and do it by month because personally, i know, i dont fly every week. i fly on only a couple of days throughout the enitre month and do multiple flights at a time.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 am

wow. couple issues I can see.

A LOT of flight simmers are young. very young. they dont have access to a credit card let alone paypal. And if there restricted to 4 flights / week they will probably go elsewhere.

As far as for me... I guess if it's down to 4 flights a week I will also have to look into alternative options for my VA... because there is no interest by anyone in our VA in obtaining a premium account just to use the current state of this product. I urge you to reconsider the number to target the abusers of the system, rather than the users.

10 flights / week would be much more resonable.

And please realize that a CEO of his VA can take it to another similar system and pay 5 dollars a month, for ALL his pilots to use it. You'll be pricing yourself right out of the game here gents, please reconsider. I like your product, and would love to see it continue to improve... but... 4 a week will push me to look for options. Im not slamming your decisions, just stating the truth as I see it. Maybe you guys should take a page out of the book over at FS economy and consult the general population using your product for changes, and input.

Cheers :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 am

and this is again another unfairness within the system, if this is implemented, just like the repairs, and adds costs are for small multiplier airlines.

People that like to fly 3 or 4 short 50nm hops in a night are going to be penalized for it while some one doing 4 x 16 hour long hauls in a week is stressing the system out much more, yet being treated the same. (the "monitor" etc)

*sigh* :x
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:29 am

And before I get crucified for what I've said, please understand that I like this system, and would pay for my VA as a whole at some reasonable rate comparable to VAFS which is darned near the same product as here., but the fact that your going to charge each pilot is going to KILL us... and I suspect many other people trying to run a VA on here, and CEO's will simply give up on you and FSA.... I'd rather see you guys succeed. :?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 am

I have to admit, a American Airways and a few other VA's have started too look for options, like VAFS and things like simfly.net, phpVMS,ect,ect.......it would come to a cheaper price for those options because a month on those systems that cost money is like 6 dollars a month, where here you guys are thinking of having it 6 dollars a pilot, like Brian Said, i think you guys should possibly reconsider the premium Accounts idea, not to slam you guys to a wall or anything, this is just my opinion, and i am sure that many other VA's may want a reconsider too...

Thanks for all your help
Ada Erzurumlu

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 am

Well, my number of flights over the last 5 months have been:-

October - 14
September - 15
August - 31
July - 8
June - 22

Average = 18 per month and I regard myself as a "low" user of FSAirlines, so some people will take a big hit !
I agree that a monthly limit would be the way to go here. (As well as increasing the number of flights).
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:10 am

I asked by email over a week ago whether the proposed limits would be monthly or weekly, and if so by rolling 7-days, calender or some other criteria.

The lack of any kind of reply suggests that the developers themselves have no clue yet how this should/could be implemented. ;)

It is clear that the premium account system will involve more work from staff; accounting for payments, administering the standard limits, catching new multiple accounts holders and dealing with complaints. On the other hand membership will fall (to what extent remains to be seen), which will ease the workload somewhat.

/G