C130

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

jarek
Ticket Agent

C130

Post by jarek » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 am

We can buy to our VA planes like spitfire or B29 but is impossible tu by C130E , Why???
I known , L382 (civilian version) is in data base ,but when I add C130E to system is negative answer.
Why C130E?? Beacase of range, and beacase we are old VA (above 8 years) and C130 is in ours fleet many years.
We would like to "transfer" our fleet to FSA ,but with some of palnes it is imposible.
So, can sombody explain me why we can fly B29 but not C130, with is typical cargo plane???
"Poland Cargo VA" ---19 YEARS old - Vatsim VA

juan
Ticket Agent

Re: C130

Post by juan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:32 am

From what I have been searching for in the forum spitfire and mustang were added into the system just for fun, whilst the B29 was some kind of an accident.

http://fsairlines.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... b29#p29461

I am guessing that C130 won't be added to the database because it has never been in civilian service? Cuz I remember reading something in the forum yesterday that said that airplanes that never saw civilian service won't be added into the database.

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Post by Motomad1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:10 am

If it hasnt been used for Civil use it useally can not be added.

The Civil C-130 is still a Nice Plane. Keeps the Profits up. :D

Cheers
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:13 am

just buy the L-382...

its really not that big of a deal... the L382 (L100 really) is the same exact thing as the E...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

jarek
Ticket Agent

Post by jarek » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Hm,, so Sea Vixen is for fun too?.
B29 it is accident... like B52H and Avro Vulcan with are in database too????

Is more than one accidents.

But oki, we can fly C130E out of FSA, no problem.

Thx for answers.

PS
Flightsimer, chack fleet of "Poland Cargo' . We have two of L382, but problem is short range of this planes. This is first reason why we need C130E for service,second one , we have in fleet C130E long time( we are much older FSA)and we would like to transfer our fleet to the system,but it is impossible.
"Poland Cargo VA" ---19 YEARS old - Vatsim VA

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:13 pm

The reason why many military planes are in the database is because they were added to the database before the rule about civilian use took effect.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Sorry Matt, but you're mistaken.

I already explained this in an E-MAIL to the person above on Thursday. He seems to not accept my answer and so he's trying to create problems here. This thread is being closed for the simple reason, that I have no patience for people who can't accept a straight explanation.

I'll reiterate it again - The B-52 is grandfathered in. It was allowed before we set the rules on what Warbirds are allowed and how. As such, it would be unreasonable for us to take the 4 that are out there away from their owners. The rest of the aircraft mentioned are WARBIRDS, there are examples owned by civilians in the real world, and that is how they're allowed on here - as PRIVATE, CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT. Our system allows us to restrict their sale to the private hangar only and beyond that to even restrict their sale to specific operators if we're given a good reason for why we should allow them for that operator. These aircraft do not make money in any sense of the word, even if they were owned by a VA and not an individual. They do not carry enough passengers or cargo to offset the cost of even just fuel.